Sunday, March 17, 2013

steppin' up

Yesterday was a great success. Saw the Chicago River dyed GREEN. Watched old men in skirts march down Columbus Ave playing bagpipes. And bar hopped around Wrigleyville with all the other 20somethings in Chicago. It was a lot of fun.  And it was a lot of fun to be the only sober person who actually remembers all that went down.

All the St. Patty's Day celebrations were a much needed break from law schooling and crossfitting.




                                        




10am @ RNCF

13.2 Repeat

10 AMRAP
5 Shoulder to OH (75)
10 DL (75)
15 Box Jumps/Step-ups (20")

ROUNDS: 10 Rounds + 21 (Total = 231)
NOTES: After my poor showing of 13.2 on Thursday, I came up with a great game plan...that I completely abandoned this morning.

Box jumps are usually one of my strongest movements. I can link them really well and keep a great rhythm for a ton of reps, so I was really hesitant to substitute seemingly slow step-ups for quick box jumps. I wasn't convinced that you could get over 10 rounds with step-ups. A couple ladies at RNCF shattered this misconception, putting up high scores of 11+ rounds only stepping up.

I stepped up my box jumps the entire time and ended up posting 36 more reps.  I would say that's a pretty good improvement.

This workout further proved to me that in order to be good at CrossFit, not only do you have to be strong and powerful and quick, you also have to be smart and adaptable.

Here are my splits:

Rounds
Time
1
(:44)
2
(:49)
3
(:51)
4
(:51)
5
(:58)
6
(:57)
7
(1:00)
8
(:57)
9
(1:08)
10
(1:01)
11
+ 21

I don't remember what happened on Round 5 and Round 9 that made them ridiculously slow.



After Week Two of the Open I'm currently hanging out in 83rd place as an Individual in the North Central Region. Not too shabby, but I really want to move up.

In other news, River North CrossFit is in EIGHTH PLACE in the North Central Region! Let's go RNCF!!


Also, if you haven't tried an RxBar, do it. A guy from my gym makes these and they are to die for.

   photo.JPG  




Cheers to being on a bomb team! 



No comments:

Post a Comment