Sunday, March 10, 2013

repeat 13.1

10am @ RNCF

First, I have to give a HUGE shout out to Doug for completely dominating 13.1 this morning! His dedication to the sport and his passion to get better and better each day are super inspiring. I'm lucky to get to train with such a great athlete.

Doug and I at Fitoberfest CrossFit Competition in Libertyville, IL. 

13.1 Repeat:

40 burpees
30 snatches @ 45
30 burpess
30 snatches @ 75
20 burpees
30 snatches @ 100 - 18 reps completed
10 burpees
30 snatches @ 120

REPS: 18 reps completed at 100#  Total = 168
NOTES: I did improve on my score. I got two more reps, which puts me at 168. I wanted to hit 170, but I was still pleased with my improvement  This was NOT an easy workout for me. I had to squat snatch nearly all my 100#. I was pleased that I only failed one rep. I was happy that I was able to hold my form a little better this time.

I've promised myself that I'm going to strictly follow CrossFit Invictus' programming after the Open, and stick with it as close as possible during these next few weeks. I need some consistency in my training if I want to become the competitor I know I can be.

I'm excited to get back to my regular schedule this week. Classes start again (no more spring break, sad face) and I don't have to worry about another Open WOD for a couple of days.




Cheers to post-WOD strawberry pancakes!


No comments:

Post a Comment