Wednesday, March 6, 2013

In the Beginning...

I don't even know where to begin...

I can't remember the last time I was this anxious-nervous-excited about something. I was literally sitting around all day trying to occupy myself with homework and shopping to keep myself from going crazy.

A group of us huddled around three computers at the gym waiting for the workout to be posted. And, finally, at 7pm the FIRST OPEN WOD (13.1) was released:

13.1
40 Burpees (chest to floor, touch 6 inches above your reach)
30 Snatches (45lb)
30 Burpees
30 Snatches (75lb)
20 Burpees
30 Snatches (100lb)
10 Burpees
30 Snatches (120)
[17 minute time cap]

REPS: 166 (Completed 16 Reps at 100lb)
NOTES: I really liked this WOD and I'm super pumped to try it out again soon.

Burpee Overview:
I tried to pace my burpees and not gas out too quick. I think I did 2 sets of 20, then 3 sets of 10, then broke up 20 into 3 sets - but I don't really remember. I just stopped when I could feel my heart rate rising too much. I was really surprised that my shoulders starting hurting on the burpees.  I've never done burpees where you have to touch something - I usually just jump like a centimeter off the ground (I know, that's not good). But I don't think I'll do anything different next time. Katie (owner of RNCF) and I engineered a great little contraption for ourselves.

The Burpee Cave! 


Snatch Overview:
45lb - I never set the bar down, but I rested the bar at my waist after 20.
75lb - I did sets of 2-3. These felt a little heavier than I would have liked. I think I can make up time here.
100lb - I pulled singles on these the whole time.  The first couple felt really good.  I think I can crank out a few more in the beginning before the fatigue catches up to me. I tried to keep a consistent rest and jump right back on the bar. I missed like 3-5 reps at the bottom of the squat (I had to start squat snatching these at the end). But, I felt good that I pulled out 2 reps in like the last 20 seconds.

Tiny barbell.  So cute. 


The plan is to re-do this workout sometime this weekend. I'll watch the scores go up and watch some video and get back on it.

For a few minutes I was the LEADER OF THE WORLD!...
Yes, I took a screen shot and saved that baby to my computer! 

I LOVE CrossFit so much. It was so great to throwdown with great athletes and have such great support from everyone at the gym. 

I'm beyond excited to get back on the barbell and get under at least a few more snatches. 




Cheers to the Burpee Cave! 




No comments:

Post a Comment