Sunday, March 24, 2013

13.3 repeat and french toast

10am @ RNCF

13.3 Repeat

12 AMRAP
150 WB (6:4?)
90 DU (8:15)
30 MU

REPS: 249 (exact same score at Thursday...ugh)
NOTES: My times were slower and I got the same amount of reps.  Not much to be happy about. I was on pace to get at least 12 MU, but then I died and could barely pull my huge body on the rings.  Such is life. The only silver lining is that I did my DUs in 60-30. I was semi-impressed with myself after that.

Rest 25ish minutes...

10 RFT:
5 DL (95)
4 Hang Power Cleans (95)
3 Front Squats (95)

TIME: 19:20
NOTES: I'm really glad I sucked it up and got in a really solid workout after failing on 13.3.  My pissed-offness really carried me through this cardio-killer. My friend actually wrote this workout about a year ago. I loved it. I did all the weights unbroken and felt pretty consistent in my runs. Obviously my legs felt fatigued on the hang power cleans and the front squats.

Rest exactly 10 minutes...

21-15-9
KB Swings (53)
T2B

TIME: 4:01
NOTES: My T2B felt pretty good, but I had to break them up into pretty small sets (11, 10/ 7, 4, 4/ 5, 4). I'm way more comfortable with heavy swings. I was about to swing the 35, but Doug reminded me that that would be stupid. (thanks!).  I'm glad I sucked it up. My legs felt tired on the swings, but my back doesn't get tight on these anymore.

Rest 10ish minutes

Skill work: Single Arm DB Snatches
(25, 35, 45, 50, 60, 70)

10 EMOTM:
2 x 60lb DB snatch (alternating arms)

NOTES: Women had to single arm db snatch 70lb last year at regionals  I got it up once today, but my grip felt weak. So, I settled for the 60lb which felt really light. This was more for fun.  I had not touched a dumbbell since college weight training.


Post-WOD:

Nutella and Fresh Strawberry French Toast. Needless to say, I dominated this.




I'm really glad I turned the not-so-great start of my day into a great training session. 




Cheers to heavy dumbbells! 




No comments:

Post a Comment