Thursday, March 7, 2013

counting

6pm @ RNCF

I've spent a lot of time stressing about leader boards and scores and reps and strategy, which is stupid (but I can't help it).  I need to have this mantra on repeat in my brain for the next five weeks.



I spent the first hour 'judging' 13.1. It's crazy how excited I get when I'm coaching and counting. I was very lucky to count burpees and cheer on snatches for two great athletes.  The community of CrossFitters never ceases to amaze me.

Doug (fellow RNCFer, lawschooler) introduced me to the Invictus workouts, so we did a little bit of the programming after feeding off the energy of great 13.1 performances.

3 Rounds, Not for Time:
Practice Butterfly Pull ups - this needs work...
15 Kipping HSPU (I have the reverse problem of most people: I'm good at strict HSPU, but not kipping)

Rest 8ish minutes...

3 Rounds:
15 Pull ups
20 Push Press (65)
25 Hand Release Push ups
2 minute rest

TIME: Round 1. 1:33, Round 2. 1:58, Round 3. 2:0? (someone stopped the clock on us...)
NOTES: Pull ups and push presses unbroken. All I have to say about the push ups are GROSS. I hate push ups so much.  I can literally do more HSPU than I can regular push ups. Weird, I know. This is one of my glaring weaknesses.

Rest 7ish minutes...

6 Rounds:
500m Row
3 minute rest

TIME: 2:06, 2:13, 2:16, 2:16, 2:13, 2:01
NOTES: I didn't go crazy on this till the last 500m.  I just tried to keep a constant pace and get in some good endurance work.


Tomorrow is a rest day, which is a necessity. I haven't decided yet if I'm going to get after 13.1 on Saturday or Sunday. It's been super helpful to watch and observe other athletes get after this wod.




Cheers to cheering!


No comments:

Post a Comment