Monday, March 18, 2013

back to the grind

5pm @ RNCF

I'm finally back on a normal training schedule and it feels fantastic.

3 Rounds Not For Time:
8 Deficit HSPU (plate + ab mat)
10 Chest to Bar Pull ups
3 x 10 on/10 off L-Sit

NOTES: It took me about 15 minutes to complete this. I took a lot of rest in between sets. The HSPU felt awesome and powerful. I'm feeling more comfortable linking Chest to bars, and the L-Sits kind of sucked. I was supposed to go longer on the L-sits, but last week I was super sore from throwing in new movements. I think I'm going to hold off on anything too new for the next few weeks.

Right into...

Back Squat
Warm Up sets: 5 x 85, 3 x 125, 3 x 155, 2 x 175
10 EMOTM at 80% (175)

NOTES: I felt strong on these. I had a good pop from the bottom. I love that I can handle 175 without too much fatigue.

Rest 10ish minutes...

Hang Snatch + Snatch:
1 x 75
1 x 85
1 x 95
1 x100
1 x 105
1 x 110

NOTES: I felt quick and strong on both the hang snatches and the snatches. I didn't want to go too heavy today. I wanted to get a good workout in without being too sore and fatigued.

Rest 10ish minutes...

3 RFT:
3 Bar Muscle-ups
7 Power Snatches (95)
9 OH Squats
(1 minute rest)

TIME: 10:15
NOTES: My bar muscle ups felt great, but I can't link them on the fat, single bar we have at the gym. I did singles, but jumped right back up on the bar when I dropped. The snatches took up the vast majority of this workout. I pulled singles the whole time. They felt pretty good, but I was tired and my back was pumped up.  I was really proud of my OH squats. I went right into my OH squats after the 7th snatch and went unbroken the whole time. The metcon was not designed to have a minute rest, but I put it in there so I didn't kill myself on the snatches.

        Round 1 - 2:01     Round 2 - 5:35     Round 3 - 10:15


It was good to get in a solid session and not worry about the Open. I'm excited to train this week and I am looking forward to 13.3!





Cheers to bar muscle-ups!



No comments:

Post a Comment