Thursday, March 21, 2013

13.3

5pm @ RNCF

13.3

12 AMRAP
150 WB (14lb ball at 9ft target)
90 Double Unders
30 Muscle Ups

REPS: 150 WB + 90 DU + 9 MU = 249
NOTES: I was pretty pleased with this performance. Let's be honest, the last time I did this workout (and got 253) I did not have a judge, so it is very likely that I should've been 'no repped' on more than a couple wall balls. I was very surprised how smoked out my SHOULDERS got on the wall balls. Here is the breakout of my wod.

Wall Balls (finished @ 6:23) - I was happy with this time. A 6:23 Karen isn't too shabby. BUT there is always room for improvement. I need to learn to keep my chest up - this would save my shoulders and back a ton! I, once again (shocker!), deviated from the plan. Here were my sets of wall balls as I remember them:
 
 39 (so random?), 25ish, 20ish, 15ish, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10
 I kept my rest at or below 10 seconds

My legs did not hurt that bad DURING the wall balls because I was so focused on the awful pain in my shoulders. I don't think I would do this part of the workout much differently. 

Double Unders (finished @ 7:54) - I literally felt like I weighed 300 pounds on these double unders. I thought that I might be able to wiz through these, but I was wrong. My first set of double unders was FOUR. That was a shocker. After that I got into a pretty good rhythm, and did sets of like 20-30. I was trying to keep my heart rate down. If I did this again I would probably give myself a little more rest before I started the DUs and focus on a rhythm, knowing that my legs were going to be shot. 

MUs (got through 9) - Although I am confident in muscle ups, my muscle up endurance is NOT good.  I got to the rings with a ton of time, but I had to take a TON of rest. If I do this again (maybe on Sunday?) I would try to force myself to take less rest. BUT I did miss my last two reps, so I don't know how much faster I could've gone. 

I hope this score holds up well in the region. But who knows. I guess we will just have to sit and play the waiting game. 

Disclaimer: This is not an actual picture of me. 


Cheers to bulked up Barbie! 


No comments:

Post a Comment