Saturday, March 30, 2013

Most Fit Lawyer Competition

9am @ Fitness Formula Club Lincoln Park

This morning Doug and I participated in the Most Fit Lawyer Health & Fitness Expo and Competition, hosted by the Chicago Bar Association's Young Lawyers Section.



  

I will admit that walking into something like this...



Is a bit of a culture shock when you are used to something more like this...



Today's competition consisted of six different events: 

  • 1 Minute Max Air Squats (59)
  • 1 Minute Max Push-Ups (40)
  • 1 Minute Max Sit-Ups (52)
  • 1 Minute Max Machine Assisted Pull-Ups (20)
  • 1 Minute Max Shuttle Run Shuffles (42) 
  • Mile Run on treadmill (6:55) 


I am happy to announce that I did, indeed, take home the gold in this competition. I quickly learned that Lawyer-sponsored events payout a lot better than CrossFit competitions. I walked away with $75 to Whole Foods, three t-shirts, and an interview with a reporter from the Chicago Sun-Times. (ha!)

It was really fun to step outside of CrossFit for a day and compete in something totally different. I enjoyed working out in a completely new environment with a completely new group of people. Change is always good, and it was very refreshing. 

Was it an ego boost?  Maybe. But, this is just what I needed going into the final week of the Open. Sometimes I get discouraged in my performances when I compare my results to the likes of Julie Foucher and Talayna Fortunado.  It's nice to take a step back and remember that I've made a lot of progress and my hard work has really been paying off. 

I'm exited for next year's Most Fit Lawyer Competition!  



Can't wait to sport this bad boy in Contracts class on Monday! 




Cheers to a sub-7 mile! 





No comments:

Post a Comment