Wednesday, March 20, 2013

13.3 deja vu

13.3 = 12.4

12 AMRAP
150 Wall Balls (14lb at 9ft target)
90 Double Unders
30 Muscle Ups

Even though I didn't do the Open last year (I didn't even know that CrossFit existed last March...), I have done this workout before.

I did this workout on 1/29/13 and got 253 (150 + 90 + 13).

I remember that the wall balls sucked really bad, the double unders weren't horrible, and the muscle ups were hard (singles the entire time).

All my previous game plans have not been properly executed.

But, I'll give it another shot...

Tips & Tricks: 

  • Try to do bigger sets of wall balls without maxing out heart rate (don't worry too much about legs, don't need them for MUs)
  • Concentrate on DUs and try to go unbroken if lungs can handle it OR 40/50, 30/30/30, BUT do NOT kill myself on these. Try and get some 'rest' before MUs
  • Try to link a couple together at the beginning, but abandon doubles when the rest gets too long.
  • Make sure to take QUICK rests between MUs (especially if doing singles) 


I would like to beat my score, but all the ladies that went tonight (Talayna, Kristan Clever, and Julie) did NOT do very well at all.   I have no idea what happened. For example, Kristan recorded 270 reps last year and only 254 reps tonight (16 MUs less!?).

I really don't want to have to repeat this workout again, so hopefully tomorrow goes well.





Cheers to gymnastics rings!







No comments:

Post a Comment