Sunday, March 3, 2013

antiques and small towns

I think this is supposed to be a crossfit-ish blog, but a problem seemingly arises when you don't crossfit for THREE WHOLE DAYS (this is probably the longest I've gone since I started back in August).

My family is a distraction from barbells, pull-up rigs, gymnastics rings, and all things crossfit. Since I only see them every couple months I try and give them my undivided attention (minus the occasional timeout to check CrossFit.com).

It's nice to relax and I understand that my body needs recovery, but rest days are boring and make me feel lazy.

Instead of going to open gym like I was planning, my Dad, Mom, and I took an spontaneous trip to Farmer City (yes, that is the actual name of the town) to do a little antiquing. Which means you walk down the small town's Main Street and snoop around little old men's shops. If you keep your eyes open, sometimes you'll be lucky enough to uncover a little treasure.

I spotted this guy from across the room.  We feel in love.  So he left with me.


I also came across this insanely sexist 'Secretary Swatter'. Essentially it's a paddle for the Boss to spank his hot female employees. Unfortunately, I didn't bring this one home with me.

Secretary Swatter: "Command Respect in Your Office, Use the Secretary Swatter.
Perfect for Breaking Up 'Yak Yak' Sessions.
Shows 'Em Who's Boss.
 'Ouch!' Yes, Sir." 



THREE.  MORE.  DAYS.  UNTIL.  THE.  OPEN. 
 SO.  EXCITED.  



Cheers to Grandma's jewelry!

P.S. I promise I'm getting back in the gym tomorrow.  

No comments:

Post a Comment