Monday, March 11, 2013

oh my quad!

5pm @ RNCF




3 Rounds Not For Time:
3 Unbroken MUs
KB Push Press x 8 (35)
Unbroken C2B Pull Ups (10, 9, 8)

NOTES: The muscle ups felt really good.  I'm feeling a lot more comfortable linking them together. I got all three sets of three pretty easy. I could have definitely pushed myself a little harder on the KB push presses, but they were really awkward. I didn't know how to hold the KB. I'll have to look at some video of that or something. I was also pretty impressed with my chest to bar pull ups. I don't think I've ever done 10 unbroken before. I actually have a problem of pulling my regular pull ups too high, which is only good when doing chest to bar pull ups.

Clean & Jerks: 
3 x 125
3 x 135
2 x 145
2 x 155
1 x 165
1 x 172 - fail
1 x 172 - fail
1 x 172 - fail

NOTES: At first I was really pissed when I missed 172 three times in a row, but then I realized that I clean and jerked 165  (my PR is 170). That's pretty darn good, especially after not getting a rest day after repeating 13.1 on Sunday and waking up with an awful cold this morning. My quads were for sure burning on those squat cleans. It was rough. But I was pretty impressed with my ability to crack those out today.

Back Squats:
3 x 155
3 x 175
3 x 190

NOTES: It's crazy that I started my back squats lighter than my last clean and jerk. Weird. I need to get that back squat weight up! But, I can't be too mad at repping out 190. My left quad started acting up a little bit, so I didn't try to push it too hard.

8 AMRAP:
20 Wall Balls (14lb)
10 Toes to Bar

ROUNDS: 5 + 27
NOTES: I only had to break up the wall balls into two sets after my first two rounds, which is a huge improvement from what I normally do. I was breaking it up into sets of 17-3 and 15-5. I usually don't rep out more than 10 WBs at a time. My WB have significantly improved. For example, at a competition in November I got 'no repped' like 10 times. My toes to bar also felt really great. I never let go of the bar, but I did pause after 7 or so when my rhythm got off.

My quads are dead. They better recover quick.



Hopefully all these help me kick this cold ASAP



I'm excited to get after 13.TWO this Thursday. 




Cheers to Walgreens Pharmacy! 



No comments:

Post a Comment