Friday, March 8, 2013

skylines and icebergs

I've tried really really really hard to stay away from those dreaded leader boards today.  For the most part it was successful. I only peaked twice, which is a huge improvement from checking every 20 minutes.

Since the sun finally decided to show its face, I decided to wander around my backyard, and this is what I found.




I love the little, baby icebergs on Lake Michigan! They are so adorable, but they do kinda remind me of Titanic, and that movie makes me cry.

Even though I wasn't in the gym today, it doesn't mean that I didn't think about how to be even more
WOD-erful 

You want to get better at 13.1, so watch these sweet mobility and strategy videos. 


CrossFit Games Breakdown 13.1 - Efficiency & Movement Tips



CrossFit Open 13.1 Dream Team Prep Video


Additionally, here is what Outlaw had to say about 13.1: 


  • Pace your burpees betwen 3-5 seconds per rep. If you maintain a 4 second pace, you can complete all the burpees between 6:30-6:45. 
  • Break your snatches into controlled sets. Try to pull at least doubles of each weight. Every time the bar is dropped from overhead, roughly 5-8 seconds is wasted. 
  • Power Snatch ALL reps, even the extremely light ones so there is no excess fatigue of the shoulders. 
  • Don't waste time in your transitions or when loading the bar. Stage your plates for efficiency. 


Click here to check out the entire article and video: http://outlawcoach.wordpress.com/2013/03/07/130308/


I think I'm going to squeeze one more rest day out of this week in order to hit 13.1 hard on Sunday.

My first recorded score was 166. I want to break 170.  Ideally, I would hit 173+.  [Putting these goals in writing makes them feel a little more real and keeps me accountable.]




Cheers to baby icebergs!

No comments:

Post a Comment