Tuesday, March 5, 2013

blizzarding and box jumps



5pm @ RNCF

Chicagoians were graced by inches and inches of blowing, wet snow today. Perfect Spring Break weather. Horray!

Although I do complain when I get to the gym looking like this...


The snow is actually really pretty and makes the walk home enjoyable (as long as you don't get lost in the huge piles of snow). 




...back to CrossFit

Today was an 'active recovery' day. I just wanted to get in the gym and move around a little bit, without being too sore for tomorrow. 

                                                    

Push Press
1 x 85 
1 x 105 
1 x 115 
1 x 125 
1 x 135 
1 x 145 
1 x 155 - fail (To be honest, I just kind of gave up on this one) 

15 AMRAP:
6 Hand Release Push-ups
9 KB Swings (35) 
12 Box Jumps (24")

ROUNDS: 12 + 6
NOTES: My game plan was to come into the gym and 'take it easy', so I scaled down the KB swings to 35. BUT, since I felt guilty for doing that, I scaled UP the box jumps to 24". I took a ton of unnecessary rest to try and keep myself at a moderate pace. But, I still managed to crank out over 12 rounds. My legs feel a little heavy right now, hopefully my pride doesn't screw me over for tomorrow. 

I'm so excited to compete tomorrow! We have a really great group getting together. I'm really excited to see it all go down. 

1 DAY. 




Cheers to pretty snowflakes! 








No comments:

Post a Comment