Monday, March 4, 2013

FitBodies Crossfit

11:30 at FitBodies CrossFit (Bloomington, IL)

I grabbed this programming from CrossFit Invictus. I love their variety of skill, strength, and endurance.

3 Rounds NOT for time:
10 Toes To Bar
10 Box Jump Overs (20in)
2 Unbroken MU

Hang Snatch + Snatch:
1 x 95
1 x 105
1 x 110
1 x 115

NOTES: I was pretty impressed with my hang snatches.  I have no idea what my 'max' hang snatch is/was, but I know I couldn't hang snatch 115 just a couple weeks ago. This felt really good. I should also add that I was doing all these with a fat men's bar, so my hook grip was a little off. But, my form still felt pretty good.

Rest 5ish minutes...

OH Squat:
6 x 95
8 x 95
10 x 95

Rest 7ish minutes...

6 AMRAP:
5 x Hang Power Snatch (75)
10 HSPU
20 DU

ROUNDS: 4 Rounds + 4 reps
NOTES: Shoulders. Shoulders. Shoulders. My shoulders were so blown up from the OH Squats, Snatches, HSPU, and even the DUs. Besides my shoulders completely dying I actually felt pretty good.

Rest 10ish minutes...

Back Squat
5 @ 60% (135)
3 @ 70% (155)
2 @ 80% (175)
2 @ 85% (185)
2 @ 90% (195)
3 @ 80% (175)

NOTES: The only set that felt heavy was the 195. I'm pretty pumped about that! My squats have gotten a lot stronger.  I'm a lot more comfortable under heavy bars now.

Bar MU Practice
10 x 1

NOTES: I was excited to practice these at FitBodies because they have a single skinny bar. The consensus is that these will probably be in the Open.


It felt great to be back in the gym. And it felt really great to be working out at FitBodies. I can't say enough good things about this gym. Tom and Janelle (the owners) are fabulous, motivated, inspirational athletes. They run a great gym with a great community of people.

Needless to say, if you are ever in Bloomington or in the Bloomington/Normal area, drop in their box!

TWO. DAYS. 

Cheers to Bar Muscle Ups!





No comments:

Post a Comment