Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Stupid 'Nancy'

4pm @ RNCF

3 x Skill Work
10 x Deficit HSPU
2 x Rope Climb
10  x Triple Unders

NOTES: The pushups felt average. I should probably note that this is my 6th consecutive training day...Rope climbs felt great. I focused on controlling my descent. The triple unders are really fun.  I was actually able to link these together after Andy pointed out that it's much more efficient to jump without tucking - so it's easier to rebound off the landing.

Squat Clean & Jerk
15 minutes to work to heavy (not max) C&J
1 x 85
1 x 125
2 x 145
5 x 155

NOTES: I need to focus on keeping my elbows up in my jerk. I keep letting the bar slide down my chest.  When I actually focused on this and corrected it on one of the 155# reps, the bar felt like it weighed about 10 pounds.  It was sweet.

Back Squat
10 minute to find 1RM
5 x 125
1 x 175
1 x 195
1 x 215
1 x 230 (PR!!)

NOTES: These felt pretty good today.  I'm glad I sucked it up and threw on the extra five pounds today.

Waited for about 20ish minutes to jump in with the class WOD...

Nancy
5 RFT:
400m Run
15 OH Squats (65)

TIME: 14:33 (Boo)
NOTES:  (Warning: Pitty Party) This was the worst my back has hurt since 13.2. I could barely shuffle my feet or squat below parallel.  This made me feel stupid and extremely non-crossfit.  It's also really embarrassing to have a background in track and field and then suck at running.  Clearly I'm upset with my awful performance. Ugh.  Nancy is dumb and she is not my friend.

Rest 15-20ish minutes...

3 RFT:
100 DU
20 Pistols (alternating legs)
10 Shoulder to OH (105)

TIME: 10:30
NOTES: The DU felt pretty good.  I was doing 60-20-20, or pretty close thereto.  The pistols actually felt great, considering this is like the 3rd time I've ever done them. The shoulder to OH were jerks, and the only place I felt these were in my quads.  I don't even think my shoulders were activating at all.

Checkout:
3 Rounds Not for Time:
10 x GH Sit-Up
10 x GHD Raise

NOTES: I should probably do these more often. I  never mess with the GHD.


Unfortunately I left my diary (aka CrossFit log book) at RNCF tonight.  But, I think it's pretty impressive that I wrote this all from memory.  Hopefully no one steals it and uncovers all my super secrete training secrets...


Cheers to lemon-lime Gatorade!  (that stuff is like sunshine in a bottle)




No comments:

Post a Comment