Monday, April 29, 2013

Snatch Ladder

5pm @ RNCF

I have to note that I walked to CrossFit WITHOUT A COAT! for the first time in like six months.

3 x Skill Work
10 x BF Pull Ups
5 Sots Press
10 x Russian KB Swing (70)

Snatch:
15 minutes to build to heavy snatch
3 x 65
2 x 85
2 x 105
1 x 120
1 x 130
3 x 142 (fail, fail, fail)

NOTES: I was kind of all over the place on these snatches today.  I got too carried away with trying to move heavy weight and totally let my form fly out the window. I need to remember that I can lift more when my form is better.  Duh.

2012 Snatch Ladder (Modified)
1 minute to attempt weight.
105
115
125
130
135 (failed first attempt)
140 (fail, fail, fail)

NOTES: The one minute rest was no big deal, 140 just felt really heavy.  I video taped myself doing this, and I realized that I change so much of my form (in a bad way) when the weight gets heavy.  I just need to trust my body on this movement.

I skipped back squatting today because my hamstrings were so tight from the 400s yesterday.

Crazy 'Nate' Variation 
10 AMRAP
2 MU
4 Deficit HSPU
8 KB Swings (70#)

ROUNDS: 5
NOTES: I was really proud of myself for linking all my MUs together (except for the last round)! The deficit HSPUs also felt better than ever today because I changed up my kip a little bit (let my hips come off the wall). I was really intimidated by the heavy, heavy, heavy KB swings (70 POUNDS!?!?!), but they ended up not being that terrible.  I did them in sets of 4. The only downside is now my abs are so sore from keeping a tight core throughout those swings.

Rest 10 minutes

4 x 500m Row
1:59.1
  rest 1min.
2:01.0
  rest 1min.
2:05.3
  rest 1min.
2:06.7
  rest 1 min

NOTES: I really hate rowing, and I think it really hates me. I feel like I am fat, slow, and unathletic when I'm on the rower.  Hopefully I can be cured of this quickly! I wasn't too disappointed with my times today, but I could barely walk after my 4th 500.

Shoulder Mobility


Post-CrossFit
As Finals loom near, Loyola thinks it appropriate to fill our bellies full of wonderful breakfast food at 9pm.  Needless to say, my roommate and I took full advantage!




Cheers to free pancakes!



No comments:

Post a Comment