Tuesday, April 2, 2013

New Programming

5:00pm at RNCF

Muscle Up Practice:
3 x 1 Muscle Up
4 x 2 Muscle Ups

NOTES: I'm feeling pretty good with these. BUT, my left shoulder and elbow are not liking this movement.

Barbell Complex:
Hang Clean + Power Clean + Front Squat + Jerk
1 x 85
1 x 105
1 x 115
1 x 125
1 x 145

NOTES: I started really light on this movement and got up to a moderate weight.  All of these movements felt really light, but my elbow felt a little aggravated so I didn't push my jerk too much. I'm excited that 145 feels really light.

OH Squats:
8 x 65 (13.5 seconds)
2 min rest
8 x 75 (14.2 seconds)
2 min rest
8 x 95 (17.5 seconds)


NOTES: These eight reps were supposed to be performed as quick as possible. I'm not that confident in my OH Squats, but these felt pretty good. I felt a little hesitant to move the 95# quickly, but once I got a few reps in I felt comfortable with the weight over my head.

Mobility/Stretching: 20 min


Today was a super quick session. Today was also my 6th consecutive training day, so I didn't want to push too hard with my elbow hurting.



I sat down with Andy today to draw up a personalized training program. I LOVE this idea. In order to get myself to the next level, competitively, I need a program built just for me, implemented by a coach who is invested in my daily performance.

We are planning on starting the program on Monday!



Cheers to CrossFit programming!


No comments:

Post a Comment