Friday, April 26, 2013

Jury Duty

Wednesday, like usual, was a rest day. (With lots of law and school)

Thursday: 

3:30 @ RNCF

3 x Skill Work
5 x BF Pull-Ups
8 x Ring Dips
Triple Unders

NOTES: The BF PUs felt pretty uncomfortable in my shoulders today.  I don't think I stretched well enough before I cranked these out.  I love how far my dips have progressed.

Power Snatch:
1RM
2 x 65
2 x 85
2 x 115
2 x 125 (failed first attempt)
1 x 130 (Power Snatch PR!)

NOTES: Andy actually got to watch/coach my last couple reps, which helped a ton.  Even though his cues are simple, they help a ton! This is a PR for power snatch - I usually never power snatch heavy weight.

Back Squat
1 x 125
1 x 175
5 x 125 (with band)
1 x 175 (band)
1 x 195 (band)
1 x 205 (band)

NOTES: I learned that a lot of back pain is resulting from my failure to active/engage my glutes on a lot of my Oly and Power lifts. I put a small above the tops of my knees and focused on pushing my knees out at the bottom.  This actually helped a lot. This wasn't about getting in a lot of weight, it's about correcting my form. I need to do more of this (especially after Regionals).

Every 15sec for 2min:
2 OH Squats (95)
...next 2 min
2 Thruster (95)
...next 2 min
2 Power Snatch (95)

NOTES: This was ridiculously hard for me.  I haven't died this hard in a workout for a long time.  I had to put the rest up to 30 seconds for the power snatches.  I'm not used to moving decently heavy weight this fast. This is by far one of my most glaring weaknesses.

Rest 10ish minutes

8 RFT
20 DU
10 Pull Up
3 Clean and Jerk (135)

TIME: 16:48
NOTES: This workout was supposed to be 10 rounds - and each round was supposed to be under 90 seconds.  Clearly I failed at that.  This got really hard because my heart rate was out of control.  I wasn't fully recovered from the first workout, and this one just took the last bit of energy out of me.  I generally would have rested a little bit longer, but I had to be out of the gym at 5:00pm, and I was only on round 7 at like 4:59pm.

Needless to say, I got my butt kicked today.  But I needed that.



Life after CrossFit: 



   

As a part of the first year curriculum  each student has to serve on 'jury duty' for a mock trial. While most students complain about this requirement  I thought it was wildly entertaining and informative. Our jury came back with a unanimous NOT GUILTY verdict  (P.S. It was also even more fun because I was the jury foreman and got to announce our decision).


After our hard work in the court, my roommate and I decided to grace this wonderful night life with our presence.  We spent the night sipping adult beverages, mingling with fellow legal scholars, and dancing to 80s music (while trying to avoid the creepy old guys).

And that, my friends, is why this blog post was not posted until 10:37am.


Now I'm off to a Contracts Review session.



Cheers to 10pc Chicken McNuggets!





No comments:

Post a Comment