Thursday, April 18, 2013

Float Like a Butterfly

4pm @ RNCF

3 x Skill Work
10 x Butterfly Pull-Ups
8 x Ring Dips
10 x OH Squat (35)

NOTES: I finally linked together 5+ legit butterfly pull ups! The work finally finally paid off! For those of you who have no idea what a butterfly pull up is, watch the video below (it's dramatic, and in slow motion!).  The ring dips felt awesome today - I did all sets of 8 UB without any problem.



Power Snatch
15 minutes to work up to heavy (not max) POWER clean
3 x 65
4 x 85
3 x 105
5 x 115

NOTES:  These felt pretty good considering I'm better at squat snatches. I actually video taped myself today.  I think it's super helpful. I'm going to try and start doing this more often for my Oly lifts. 

Back Squat
10 minutes to find 1RM
1 x 125
1 x 175
1 x 195
1 x 220
1 x 230

NOTES: I'm glad I went for 230 again today.  I wasn't feeling super strong on these, but my form seemed better. 

Helen
3 RFT
400m Run
21 KB Swings (35)
12 Pull Ups

TIME: 844
NOTES: I tried to run hard, since it was only 3 rounds. The first two 400s felt pretty great (minus the fact that we have to run around a city block), but I kind of died on the last one. I did all the KB swings easily UB. The pull-ups were alright. The first 12 were unbroken, then 7-5, then something like 5-4-3 (I think I might have done like 15 pull ups on the last set...). I'm pretty pleased with this time.  I did Helen back in September and recorded a 10:14 - so I had a pretty significant time drop (and I know that I was probably running a lot faster then - I've gotten slower and slower as I've progressed further into CrossFit and further away from track). 

4 Rounds Not For Time:
20 x Hollow Rocks
20 x Hip Extensions on GHD

Ring Muscle Ups
1 MU every 30 seconds for 10 minutes

NOTES: This felt pretty good.  I didn't cash out on these. They stayed pretty consistent throughout the whole 10 minutes.  I'm getting more and more comfortable on the rings. 

Bar Muscle Ups
NOTES: A group of us were messing around with these. I think I did about 20 total over a period of time. I was doing consistent sets of 3, and I got in one set of 5 and one set of 7.  These felt great. 

Shoulder Mobility/Stabilization



Cheers to polka-dot rainboots! 





No comments:

Post a Comment