Friday, April 19, 2013

Love Me Some Diane

I had a job interview today! Keep your fingers crossed.

6:00pm @ RNCF

3 x Skill Work
10 x KB Snatches (35) - alternating arms
10 x UB Toes to Bar
50 Double Unders

Power Clean & Push Jerk
15 minutes to work up to heavy (not max)
1 x 85
1 x 115
1 x 135
3 x 155
2 x 165

NOTES: These felt pretty good, considering this is the first time EVER I've done heavy push jerks (I always split jerk).  They felt pretty easy, but I would rather split. It's good to work on push jerks, though, because they are more efficient when trying to link reps together.

Back Squat
FAIL
This was awful. I couldn't even squat 135 because my lower back is messed up from yesterday.  It's weird because it didn't hurt on any other movement. Weird.

Diane
21-15-9
Deadlift (155)
HSPU

TIME: 3:04 (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
NOTES: This felt so freaking amazing. Round 1: 16-5, UB.  Round 2: 9-6, 7-4-2-2.  Round 3: 6-4, 3-3-2-1. The last time I did this workout I posted a 4:37 (I had to pull pretty much all singles in the 2nd and 3rd round). I didn't look at the clock once.  If I would have known I was so close to sub-3, I maybe would have sucked it up and done that last HSPU linked with the others. The deadlifts felt so great. My back didn't tighten up at all! (which is a first!).  It really helped a lot that Andy was standing right there reminding me to keep my back and abs tight the entire time. How awesome would that be if this WOD showed up at Regionals!?

Bulgarian Squats
3 x 6 each leg (with 45lb bar on back)

L-Sits
4 x 20ish second L-Sits on parallelettes

That's a picture of the Fittest Woman in the World in an L-Sit in beast-mode. 


Cheers to Boston Police!






No comments:

Post a Comment