Friday, April 26, 2013

Friends!

4pm @ RNCF

3 x Skill Work
20ish second L-Sits
10 x Deficit HSPU
5 x Weighted Strict Pull Up (5lb)

NOTES: The HSPU felt pretty good.  I did 10 UB (after one of the coaches challenged me...and I beat him). My strict pull ups feel a lot better.

Power Clean & Push Jerk
2 x 85
2 x 125
2 x 145
1 x 155
3 x 125
2 x 145
5 x 155

NOTES: These felt pretty awful.  I'm trying to learn how to correctly push jerk - it's hard! I don't keep my abs tight and I usually lean forward in my jerk. It helped a lot that Andy was there today to help with this.  I got pretty frustrated, which is why I dropped back down in weight to work on this lift. I spent more time on this than I probably should have.  It's nice that I literally wasn't even thinking about the cleans.  It's nice that 155 isn't a concern.

Back Squat
5 x 125 (band)
1 x 175 (band)
1 x 205 (band)
1 x 215
1 x 225
3 x 205

NOTES: I think it's helping to use the band on the first couple sets to fire my glutes. I hope this helps in the long run.

Rest 20ish minutes to wait for the Class WOD...

Class WOD
20 Power Clean (95)
400m run
20 Shoulder to OH (95)
400m run
20 Power Clean (95)

TIME: 7:22
NOTES: My first power cleans were 14-6, my shoulder to OH felt heavy 5-5-5-5, and my final power cleans were kind of out of control because my heart rate was pretty high: 7-4-3-3-3. I got distracted before the WOD and didn't realize that I still had my Oly Shoes on.  Let me tell you, running two 400s on the cement sidewalks in weight lifting shoes is not the most comfortable or efficient thing. Just sayin.

Today was super quick and I felt like I didn't get a lot of work in. But, now, as I am typing all this out, I realize that I wasn't a total bum today.

I'm just concerned that I might be spending too much time on my lifts/maxing, and not training more WODs.  But who knows.



Post-CrossFit:

Laurie made a surprise visit to Chicago! It's always great to hang out with people who are as equally obsessed with working out and being in beast mode :)





Cheers to Weber Grill!



No comments:

Post a Comment