Wednesday, April 17, 2013

May it Please the Court

Today was all about Law School.

I had my first day in 'court' this evening.

I presented an oral argument in favor of granting a motion for summary judgement in front of a panel of three Justices at the Daley Center.

In sum, my case was about not holding innocent, hardworking physicians (like my client) liable for unforeseeable injuries to third-party non-patients. Plaintiff (opposing counsel) had the burden of proving that a special relationship existed between Plaintiff and Defendant's patient and that Plaintiff's injuries were reasonably foreseeable.

Even though these facts might not seem very interesting to you, they made for riveting oral arguments.

Me and Adrienne at the Daley Center. Post-Domination! 
It's always fun to suit up and show off those lawyer-ly skills.



And, of course, this can be related to CrossFit...

CrossFit challenges me everyday. I'm used to competition, and I'm used to having to work hard and work controlled even when my heart rate and my adrenaline are uncontrollably spiking. These practiced skills definitely came in handy tonight.

Giving an eight minute oral argument and a two minute rebuttal sounds a lot better than a Fran-rap.  Just saying.



Cheers to Suit-Up!




No comments:

Post a Comment