Monday, April 15, 2013

'Girls' Test Week

4:30 @ RNCF

This week I'm testing a lot of the 'Girls' WODs.  Get excited! 

3 x Skill Work
10 Butterfly Pull ups
5 Sots Press
10 OH Squats

Snatch
15 minutes to work to Heavy (not max) Snatch
6 x 65
5 x 85
4 x 105
3 x 115

NOTES: I was really trying to focus on form today, and I think it really paid off. 115 felt really great.  I wasn't jumping forward too much, and I was catching it in a good position right over my head.

Back Squat
15 minutes to work up to 1RM
1 x 135
1 x 185
1 x 205
1 x 215
1 x 225

NOTES: I felt good up until 225.  At 225 I paused way to long at the bottom and struggled to get back up.  It was not pretty and I broke form pretty bad.  I let this weight play a mental game with me.  I just need to focus and get after it like all my other lifts.

'Amanda'
9 Squat Snatches (95)
9 MU
7 Squat Snatches (95)
7 MU
5 Squat Snatches (95)
5 MU

TIME: 8:41
NOTES: Surprisingly  the last round of snatches felt better and more comfortable than my first round.  I think as I fatigued I thought more about form and pulling. I did all these as quick singles.  The snatches were by far the 'rest' period of this WOD. The MUs felt pretty good.  I just really need to learn how to string this guys together in WODs.  I did all singles, which is a huge, huge, huge waste of time. I also need to learn how much time to allow myself between singles. I only missed one MU (3rd one in on round 3).  It was actually a pretty bad miss that kinda tweaked my elbow, but I'm feeling fine now. Andy suggested I do some EMOTM MU work.  I think that's a great idea.

   

Shoulder Mobility


Cheers to leopard print umbrellas!








No comments:

Post a Comment