Monday, April 22, 2013

One Hundred and Forty Pounds

5:00pm @ RNCF

3 x Skill Work
Butterfly Pull-Ups
Triple Unders
5 x Sots press into OH Squat

NOTES: I'm glad I've got these BF PUs down, but my shoulders are kind of sore from these.  So I did sets of 5-7.  The triple unders were hard today.

Snatch
15 minutes to establish 1RM
2 x 65
2 x 85
2 x 105
2 x 115
1 x 125
1 x 132
1 x 135
1 x 140 (PR!!!!!! SO PUMPED!!)
1 x 145 (fail x 4)

Not the prettiest, but I got 140! 


NOTES: Words can not express HOW EXCITED I AM ABOUT THIS PR! When I was warming up I didn't really feel that great.  So I spent a little more time at the lighter weights. I was really shocked when 125# felt really light.  I actually had to count and recount the weights because I didn't believe that it really felt that easy. I think the key in my success today was thinking about aggressive, high pulls. I went in with the mentality that I was going to 'power snatch' these.  When I'm thinking about power snatching, I pull a lot harder and a lot higher.  I allow my body to wait out the pull, and then I drop under the bar. When I think squat snatch, I rush the pull and drop too fast. I was super close to getting 145, too!

Back Squat
10 minutes to establish 1RM
1 x 125
1 x 175
1 x 205
1 x 215
1 x 225

NOTES: I felt a little 'off' on my squats today. When I told Andy this, I started to laugh a little bit.  I would have never, ever believed that an 'easy' squat day would consist of reps at 225. Wow.  I've had a lot of progress in a short amount of time with this lift.


5-4-3-2-1
OH Squat (115)
Bar Muscle Ups

TIME: 5:01
NOTES: I really need to re-test of OH Squat max. These squats felt pretty good. I'm a lot more comfortable with this movement. The bar muscle ups felt pretty good - but I wish I could practice these on a good bar (not a huge, fat, stupid one). I have no idea what a 'good' time is for this workout.

Rest 10 minutes.

2000m Row for time

TIME: 8:46.7
NOTES: Andy told me I needed to get under 8 minutes.  Oops. Clearly I have a lot of work to do on this.  I want to work with Morgan on making my row more efficient. I was dead after this.



Cheers to American Sit-Ups!







No comments:

Post a Comment