Thursday, April 11, 2013

Cindy

1pm @ RNCF

3 x Skill Work
2 Rope Climbs
10 x Butterfly Pull-Ups
8 x Ring Dips

NOTES: These rope climbs actually felt pretty good once I got the hang of it.  The hardest part for me is actually coming down the rope. I'm feeling the after effects of the rope climb now - aka rope burn on inner thigh. Not attractive. The butterflies were still annoying. The ring dips felts great.

Snatch Work
3 x5 Sots Press (snatch grip shoulder press while in squat position)
5 x 3 Snatch Pulls (110)
15 minutes to find Max Snatch
1 x 85
1 x 105
1 x 115
1 x 125
1 x 132 (fail, fail, fail, fail)

NOTES: After Regionals I have to completely deconstruct this movement. I can pull a lot of weight over my head and get under it - BUT I am doing it in the most inefficient way possible. My hips are shooting up without my chest, I'm not pulling the bar backwards, I'm not bending my arms, I'm jumping forward, and the the list goes on. My previous PR is 130. Snatches make me angry when I can't hit my max. Ugh.

Back Squat
15 minutes to find 1RM
1 x 125
1 x 175
1 x 195
1 x 205
1 x 215


NOTES: 205 felt good. I don't think I actually broke parallel on the 215, so I stopped. My 'squat awareness' was kind of off and I was still thinking about the snatches.

'Cindy'
20 AMRAP:
5 Pull Ups
10 Hand-Release Push Ups
15 Air Squats

ROUNDS: 22 + 24
NOTES: I did the WOD with the 2:00 class. It was fun to jump in a class again. I haven't workout out in a class since before the Open started. These 'middle distance' workouts confuse me. When I finished I wasn't really that fatigued (besides my push-ups starting to suck). I honestly could have kept up that same pace for a lot longer. It's easy for me to go all out and it's easy for me to settle into a consistent pace, but I need to work on finding the sweetspot between those two extremes.


Shoulder Stability/Mobility 


Core Cashout
4 x 1 minute front plank
2 x 1 minute side plank


Post-Post-WOD:
1/2 mile 'Farmer's Carry' with CrossFit backpack + 7 bags of Groceries

NOTES: To be honest, this was the hardest part of the day. My shoulders were on fire when I finally got back to my apartment.



Cheers to Free Happy Hour!




No comments:

Post a Comment