Saturday, April 13, 2013

Prowler Push

8am @ RNCF

Shoulder Mobility

Hip Mobility

Partner WOD
25 AMRAP
6 Squat Clean Thrusters (95)
2 Ropes Climbs
10 Wall Balls (10ft target)
[rest while your partner completes one round]

ROUNDS: 12 + 6
NOTES: This was an awesome WOD. It was made even more difficult by the fact that I partnered up with Mr. Doug 'Lightening Speed' Germano, so I felt like I had no rest. I'm super proud of my progress on rope climbs. This was the first time I had ever done rope climbs in a WOD...and I did 12 of them. The squat clean thrusters weren't too bad. I'm just not used to doing thrusters over 65, so the first round was a little shocking.  I did my wall balls to the men's height, which took some getting used to. Overall, great workout. I was super gased by the end.


Rest 20ish minutes.

Prowler Push
10 AMRAP
50m Sled Push (120)
100m Run

ROUNDS: ? (5-7)
NOTES: I didn't keep track of my rounds, I just tried to keep moving the entire time. If you ever want to attract a lot of attention to yourself, take one of these sleds and push it down the sidewalks of downtown Chicago.

This was the first time I had ever played with sleds. It was actually really fun.  My quads were on fire from the combination of heavy squat clean thrusters and this beast, but it felt good. I am definitely glad to be outside running again (even though it snowed today!?).



Shoulder Stability/Mobility




I made the difficult decision last night to accept my Individual bid to Regionals. I'm super pumped to see how I perform against the best of the best in the North Central Region. 



Cheers to Snow?! 




No comments:

Post a Comment