Saturday, April 27, 2013

Beach Day

9am @ RNCF

3 x Skill Work
100ft HS Walk
5-8 x 1 Arm KB Snatch (35#)
10 x Squat w/ Band

NOTES: I love HS walking...I don't love it as much when I am congested.  The snatches felt pretty comfortable.

Back Squat
3 x 135 (band)
1 x 185 (band)
2 x 205

NOTES: My heart was not in this lift today.  All I was thinking about was the WOD I was about to do. I didn't feel too comfortable in the squat, so I just stopped.  Andy reminded me that it's OK to NOT PR every single day.  Sometimes I need to be reminded of that.

DL Warm Up
5 x 135
3 x 165
5 x 185

NOTES: These feel so much better than they did a couple months ago, but they still don't feel great. The suggested Regional weigh for the WOD was 225#. That would have murdered me. I could have done it, BUT it would have killed my back and my pride. Not worth it. But I do need to get more comfortable under weights over 200#.

2012 Regionals Final Event #6
3 Rounds:
   7 Deadlift (225# - but I scaled to 185)
   7 MU
3 Rounds:
   21 WB (14# to 10' target)
   21 Toes to Bar
100 ft. Farmer's Carry (70# DB in each hand)
28 Burpee Box Jump (20" box)
100 ft. Farmer's Carry (70# DB in each hand)
3 MU

TIME: 21:21
NOTES: This was the final event at Regionals last year. The prescribed time cap was 17min. Andy extended the time cap for me to 22:00.  I was pretty happy with my performance.  I had completed 15 burpee box jumps by 17:00. I was able to not take too much rest on my MU. The wall balls felt pretty good, and so did the toes to bar.  I took a lot of time on the burpee box jumps - those sucked A LOT. The farmer's carry was nothing. I actually surprised myself on the last MUs and did the first two UNBROKEN. If I had the energy/strength to link those two together, there is no reason that I shouldn't be doing this during the middle of WODs. It would have been helpful to do this with another person. Oh well.



Post-CrossFit:

It's FINALLY warm(ish) in the city! So what does that mean? Beach study day!

                                         

Allie and I spent two hours at Oak Street Beach reading all about contracts, criminal law, and constitutional law. We filled our brains with knowledge while the sun provided us a little bit of happiness :)





Cheers to Emily getting her first TWO MUs!





No comments:

Post a Comment