Monday, July 15, 2013

ugh.

5:30pm @ FitBodies

3 Rounds Not for Time:
10 Bottoms Up KB Presses (18)
10 BF Chest to Bar PU
50 DU

NOTES: This was the first time I really spent any amount of substantial time trying to do BF Chest to Bar. I was able to link about 5-6 together pretty consistently. But, I need to watch someone do them. I feel like I'm kipping really far backwards and it started to aggrevate my lower back.

Squat Snatch
Find 1RM:
1 x 85
1 x 115
1 x 125
1 x 135
1 x 145 (fail x5)

NOTES: I was beyond frustrated with this today. I removed the plates, and was confident that I wasn't going to go to my toes too early, or jump forward. I felt pretty good about the light weights, but when Andy looked over the videos he said no too much was corrected. That's depressing. I'm still letting the bar swoop out way too far from my body. I didn't notice myself jumping forward very much. I think that was at least a little better. But, I have a serious mental block at 145#. I've been trying to break this barrier since before Regionals and it is extremely frustrating. I know I am strong enough to do it. Strength isn't the issue. Bad, awful, horrible form is the issue. And, it's really frustrating to try and teach yourself this movement. Andy is a huge help, but it sucks that he is working remotely. I wanted to get 145# so bad. But, it seemed like the more I tried, the worst my form got. Ugh. It pretty much ruined the rest of my day and put me in an awful mood. I needed someone to just tell me to get over myself and move on.

Back Squat
20 x 180

REPS: 17
NOTES: I knew I was going to drop the bar before 20 reps at about rep 5. I couldn't find a comfortable spot for my feet and my back hurt. I wasn't really feeling it in my legs. For some reason I just couldn't find that 'sweet spot' at the bottom. I was also still upset about my snatches, so I wasn't focused on the present squats. I'm really frustrated with myself. I know better than to let one movement dictate my entire workout. I should be able to get this on Wednesday.

OTM:
7 OTM Squat Snatch at 85% (125)


NOTES: These felt pretty good. I tried to stick the squat and not move my feet. Who knows if I was actually doing that or not. They felt relatively stable compared to my earlier ones.

7 OTM Squat Clean & Jerk at 85% (165)

NOTES: The bottom of the squat clean felt pretty heavy for it only being 165#. Looking back, I'm realizing that my squat was causing me a lot of problems today. I don't think I properly warmed up my squat today. I was late getting out of the office and my warm up was not as thorough as I like it. This is clear evidence that a proper warm up will do the body good. Lesson learned.

WOD...there was no WOD today because we got kicked out before we could do one.

Rowing
4 x 500

TIME: 2:00.2; 2:01.9; 2:02.9; 2:05.3
NOTES: I knew we were running out of time, so I chose to row instead of getting in a short WOD. I haven't rowed for awhile. I'm really trying to focus on better rowing form. I'm not pulling to my neck or leaning back parallel to the floor anymore, thank goodness! I was happy with my consistent times. I think the last time was a little off. It was good to feel that burning in your legs that only comes with sprinting and rowing.

Moral of the Story: Paige needs to stop having pitty-parties for herself and GET OVER IT.



Cheers to late night research assignments!



No comments:

Post a Comment