Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Ropes, Rowers, and Ripped up Hands

5:30pm @ CrossFit Bloomington Normal

3 Rounds For Time:
2 Rope Climbs (15ft)
50ft UB Handstand Walk
50 DU

NOTES: My rope climbs felt pretty good. It's nice to do it on a full 15' rope. We did the HS Walk in a parking lot, which was quite the experience. It actually made me perform better, being on the concrete, becuase I didn't want to fall out of my HS.

Squat Clean
5x3 @ 75% (63kg = 148#)



NOTES: Chad watched my cleans and gave me the same feedback that Andy has always given me: keep the bar close. I felt comfortable with the weight. I love the oly platforms. I'm not jumping forward very much, and I'm falling good into my squat. Surprisingly, Chad didn't have too many critiques (because I was still at light weight).

Jerk
Behind the neck (hold split for 3 seconds)
5x3 @ 75% (150)



NOTES: I did these off the blocks and really focused on catching the jerk in a strong power position. I also tried to engage and set my core, which helped. I'm loving these sets of percentages and not maxes.

Clean Pulls
2x3 @ 90% of clean (175)

3x3 @ 95% of clean (185)

NOTES: I need to work on pulling my shoulders back and keeping my butt down. Andy pointed out that my butt is rising before my shoulders. It's pretty crazy how I can pull 185# so high off the ground. Just last year I could barely even dead lift 185#.

WOD
7 RFT
250m Row
10 DL (105)
10 Burpees
2 min rest

TIME: 24:56
NOTES: I was very consistent with my rounds today.

Round 1: 1:47
Round 2: 1:49
Round 3: 1:52
Round 4: 1:50
Round 5: 1:54
Round 6: 1:52
Round 7: 1:52

I wasn't able to keep track of my exact splits, but I kept the rower between 1:50-1:53. My deads were all unbroken and quick. Burpees were burpees. I feel like I have one speed for those. I wish I would've gone a little faster on the row.


Cheers to taco pizza!





No comments:

Post a Comment