Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Snatches off Plates

5:30pm @ FitBodies

3 Rounds Not For Time
10 DB Snatch (40, 45, 50)
30 WB
5 UB Bar MU





NOTES: The snatches felt pretty good. The wall balls were all over the place. Tom was showing me show to squat early and catch the ball more at the bottom of the squat. When you do it right, it's fabulous.  When you do it wrong, it feels super awkward, and I usually drop the ball.  It's a work in progress. The bar muscle ups felt great.   I love this movement when I have a good bar to work on.


"Annie"
50-40-30-20-10
DUs
Sit-Ups

TIME: 5:41
NOTES: (previous Best 6:16 ). I didn't miss any DU, and I stayed pretty consistent on my situps.  I don't know how I could go any faster, besides learning how to do a more efficient sit-up.  It was a bit of a delayed reaction, but my abs were on fire by the time we left for the night.



Squat Snatch
15 min to build to 1RM
Do this standing on plates with toes hanging off so you can't shift weight to your toes.
2 x 65
2 x 85
2 x 105
2 x 115
1 x 125
1 x 135 (fail, fail, stepped off plates)


NOTES: These were crazy. It took me a couple rounds with the empty bar to figure out how to stop my feet from jumping wide and forward. But, once I got going, these felt awesome. Even though I stepped off the plates on 135, I still was able to stand it up on the plates.  The bar's momentum took me forward. So, yes, I did go to my toes, but I didn't go to my toes till a lot later than usual. I definitely need to add this drill to my bag of tricks. I guess Andy does know what he's talking about :)

Power Snatch Prison Rules
Every 15 seconds for 4 minutes complete 2 Power Snatches (75)

NOTES: I should have gone heavier on this.  It wasn't bad at all.  My heart rate didn't even rise very much. 

WOD
3 Rounds:
400m run
20 burpees
10 Toes to bar

TIME: 11:00
NOTES: So, by the time we got done with everything else, we had missed the class WOD and only had 15min left before the doors were going to be locked on the gym. After some confusion and a misinterpreted phone call to an unnamed coach, Jenna and I were able to sneak in three rounds of this WOD. Turns out, this is not what we were supposed to do.  Oops. But, who doesn't need more burpee practice?? The run actually felt pretty good today. I felt strong, even though my legs were burning.



P.S. I have no idea why the pictures will/won't show up sometimes. They usually show up on a computer, but not on my iPhone.  Weird.




Cheers to Mike Wazowski!







No comments:

Post a Comment