Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Isabel

2:30 @ CFBN


3 Rounds Not For Time:
10 Hanging Wipers
Strict Deficit HSPU (4/2/2);(3/2/2);(3/2)
6 KB Swings (62)



NOTES: I didn't do the wipers right. I held my toes up to the bar in a pike position and moved my feet to the left and right, just outside my grip. I'm getting better at the strict deficit HSPU. These are my new favorite movement to work on. The KB Swings felt heavy on my back (my back was a little sore from the combination of rowing/DL yesterday).

Back Squat
Find 1RM (less than 6 reps)

1 x 125
1 x 175
1 x 210
1 x 235
1 x 250 (fail)
1 x 260 (fail, stood up the weight w/ side spotters)

NOTES: I was really frustrated with this. My previous PR is 255, and I failed at 250. I just got done with a 20rep back squat program, which was great for endurance and building confidence under the bar. But, I haven't had anything heavier than 185# on my back for months, and it showed. It felt good to get under the heavy weight again. I'm looking forward to getting back to a heavy program.

Good Mornings
5 x 5 @ 105

NOTES: I tried to get more range of motion in the bottom of the good mornings. I'm feeling more comfortable with the movement.

Bench
3 x 80% (115)
2 x 85% (125)
1 x 90% (130)
3 x 85% (125)
2 x 90% (130)
1 x 95% (140)
3 x 90% (130)
2 x 95% (140) [1 rep]
1 x 100+% (147) [failed]

NOTES: I haven't done a bench workout since college. It felt weird, but it was a good change of pace. I got a little bit of coaching on my bench. I usually set my feet up on the bench because I had a tendency to arch my back off the bench, but the coach showed me how I could set up weights below the bench to rest my feet on. Because I'm so short, my feet weren't able to make good contact with the ground, which was why I was arching a lot. I'll be interested to see how this bench program goes.

Pendlay Row
5 x 5 @ 105

NOTES: I think I was doing these right. They probably should have been heavier.

Isabel
30 Snatches (95)

TIME: 3:08
NOTES: My previous PR was 6:20. So, this was a huge PR. I pulled all singles, which I probably shouldn't have done. I basically just kept the same pace the entire time. The last 5 reps felt heavy, but they were still tolerable. I remember the first time I did Isabel I had to squat snatch like the last 10 reps because I was so fatigued. I'm glad that 95# snatches move so easy.

GH Raises
4 x 10




Cheers to stick bass/sunset boat rides/peach tort!






No comments:

Post a Comment