Tuesday, July 9, 2013

#painstorm

5:30 pm @ FitBodies

3 Rounds
6 Burpess Over the Box (18")(can NOT touch the box)
3 Bar MU

TIME: 1:53
NOTES: I did all the bar MU unbroken, but they were a little more difficult than usual since this was the first movement of the day. I wasn't that warmed up. I fatigued really bad on the last rep. I still got it, but I caught it a lot lower than usual.

Clean & Jerk
15 min to find max C&J on plates
1 x 125 (push jerk)
1 x 155 (push jerk)
1 x 170 (push jerk)
1 x 180 (split jerk)
1 x 190 (no jerk)

NOTES: I was surprised how easy the 180 and 190 went up. I'm not leaning into my toes anymore on the plates. I didn't jerk it because my back felt a little off after the 170# jerk. I hyperextended a little too much on the heavy push jerk.

OH Squat Tabata
4min of 20 sec work/10 sec rest
OH Squat (95)

NOTES: I did 5 reps in both Round 1 and 2. I only did 3 reps in the rest of the Rounds. By the time I snatched the bar up, I really didn't have that much time. I probably could have done at least one more rep in each round, but I wanted to save my legs and arms for the WOD.

#painstorm
30 AMRAP
5 DL (95)
5 Hang Clean (95)
5 Front Squat (95)
5 Push Jerk (95)
5 Back Squat (95)

ROUNDS: 20
NOTES: I kept a good pace the whole time. I did a round every 1:30. It took me about 40-45 sec to do a round, so I got about 45 sec rest each time. It really wasn't that difficult. The extreme temperature of the gym is what made this difficult. If I did this again, I would either go 15 more minutes (as was prescribed in HyperFit)or move the weight up to 85#. It was easy to do all the reps unbroken. And the 45 sec was more than enough time to recover. It wasn't as 'painstormy' as I thought it would be. But, it was still a solid WOD.

I've been surprising myself lately with these longer WODs. I've been able to maintain my strength for a lot longer periods of time (thanks to the training and new supplements).




Cheers to $1.99 Mango Margs!





No comments:

Post a Comment