Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Morrison

11am @ FitBodies

3 Rounds Not For Time
10 KB Snatches (35)
8 Deficit HSPU
8 GHD Situps

NOTES: The KB snatches felt a little strange because I haven't done them for so long. The bell kept slamming into my forearm. It was not the most comfortable thing ever. The deficit HSPU felt pretty good. I did all my sets in 5/3. I didn't want to burn out my shoulders before I even started. Tom pointed out that I need to work on making my kip more efficient. I'm not even bringing my hips off the wall. The GHD were so painful after Annie yesterday.


Power Cleans
15min to establish 1RM off plates
2 x 85
2 x 115
2 x 145
1 x 165 (fail)
1 x 170
1 x 180 (fail, make)

NOTES: These felt pretty good. Last week I couldn't even get up a 180 power clean for the life of me. This drill is slowly changing my life :)

Back Squat
20 x 165

NOTES: This was pretty hard. But not impossible. I think I need to work on getting just a tiny bit lower on my squats. I'm getting to comfortable barely breaking parallel, which is not good when you have a mean judge.

Rest 10 minutes...

"Morrison"
50-40-30-20-10
Wall Balls (14 to 9')
Box Jumps (20")
KB Swings (35)

TIME: 18:32
NOTES:

Round 1 - 5:37
Round 2 - 5:11
Round 3 - 4:02
Round 4 - 2:34
Round 5 - 1:08

I tried really hard not to redline on anything. I broke up things more than I probably needed to, but I was able to finish really strong. I tried to limit my rest to 5-8 when I would break up the movement. I used the box jumps as my rest. Surprisingly the KB swings were hard for me (I thought those were going to be the easiest). I tried to do either sets of 20 or 10 for pretty much everything. My upper back and traps were pretty tight after this.


Shoulder Mobilization/Stabilization


Cheers to Smoothie King app!





No comments:

Post a Comment