Monday, July 8, 2013

And runnin, runnin...

5:30pm at FitBodies

3 Rounds Not For Time:
1MU + 4 Dips
15 Hip Extensions

NOTES: It felt really weird to do dips on the high rings. We flew through this in a couple minutes.

Strength Endurance Training: 
7 x 2 OTM Squat Snatch at 80% max (115)

NOTES: This wasn't too bad. I did these on the plates. I feel like I keep back in my heel a lot more. Thank goodness. It was about 200 degrees at the gym today and I was dripping sweat the whole time. It was epic.


Back Squat
20 x 175
REPS COMPLETED: 16 :(

NOTES: I was extremely rushed today. We had to make sure we could jump in the class WOD at about 6:15. I didn't have my belt on, I wasn't focused on my squats, and I was trying to hurry, which meant that it was a disaster. I know I can get this weight. I was very distracted.


7 x 2 OTM Squat Clean & Jerk at 80% max (155)

NOTES: I was made after my back squats, so these felt really easy. My anger transferred into better pulls. Sliver lining. I push jerked all the jerks (I usually split jerk), and they felt really easy.

WOD:
1 Mile Run
50 Wall Balls (14# at 9')
40 Russian Swings (53)
30 HSPU
20 Box Overs (20")
10 MU

TIME: 18:05
NOTES: I really liked this WOD. I ran a 7:40 mile, which is really good for me! Then, I broke up everything into sets of 10. I took 8 seconds between sets on the wall balls, 6 on the KB, 10 on the HSPU, and like 5 seconds on the box overs. I planned to do at least double on my MUs, but I was so sweaty that my hands and arms kept slipping on the rings. It was actually really terrifying. So, I decided to value my safety and stick to solid singles. I really wasn't too gased after this.

Rest 5 minutes...

EMOM (6 Minutes)
15 American KB Swings (53)(Odd Minutes)
30 Double Unders (Even Minutes)

NOTES: The 'heavy' KB swings don't feel too heavy anymore. Yay for getting stronger.

Running: 
6 x 400m Run (2 Minute Rest)

NOTES: I'm glad we stuck around and did these after the WOD. 2:08, 2:00, 1:56, 1:55, 1:44, 1:39. Obviously we got faster on each run. My legs and lungs felt great today. I was able to really sprint it in on the last rep. I always feel accomplished after repeat 400s. #bettereveryday



Ryan knows what's up. 


Cheers to Loyola Law Journal!


No comments:

Post a Comment