Tuesday, July 16, 2013

DT

5:30pm @ FitBodies

3 Rounds Not for Time:
5 Burpee Muscle Up
10 DB Snatch (40, 45, 50)
Max L-Sit

NOTES: The burpee muscle ups felt pretty good. I pretty much just dropped, did the burpee, then jumped back up. I am terrible at L-Sits. Andy said to try and do at least 30 seconds...I did 20, and that was a struggle.

Squat Clean & Jerk
15 min to build to 1RM

1 x 125
1 x 155
1 x 175 (fail)
1 x 185

NOTES: We really rushed through these today. I wanted to be able to jump in with the class. I could have gone up a little bit, but I ran out of time. It felt pretty good.

OH Squat
Build to max OH Squat (no more than 5 reps)

1 x 125
1 x 150
1 x 165
1 x 175

NOTES: These actually felt really good. I haven't heavy OH squatted since Regionals. Again, like the C&J, we ran out of time. I can for sure put weight on to that movement. I felt so stable. I was able to find that "sweet spot" every time.

"DT"
5 Rounds
12 DL (105)
9 Hang Cleans (105)
6 Push Jerk (105)

TIME: 6:36
NOTES: The first time I did DT I got 13:00. The second time I improved to a whoping 8:46. And, today I beasted a 6:36. I wanted to get under 6:45. I barely rested this time. Every time I set down the bar I would only take a couple seconds. Then, between sets I would take less than 10 seconds. My first round was the only round I did completely unbroken. It took me about :40 seconds to complete that. I did all my DL unbroken. I had to break up my hang cleans because my hands were destroyed from the DL (I hook grip my deads). The push jerks were alright.


Running
800m run
1 min rest
400m run

NOTES: This was relaxed and easy. It felt good to move my legs after the WOD.


Post-WOD
4 x 10 GHD Raises
3 x 3 Turkish Get Ups (25)

NOTES: These were average. I basically forgot how to do turkish get ups. I don't think I was doing it right.


Cheers to home videos!





No comments:

Post a Comment