Saturday, July 20, 2013

CrossFit Bloomington-Normal & JT

9:00am @ CrossFit Bloomington-Normal

3 Rounds Not for Time:
5 Man Makers (25)
10 T2B

NOTES: The man makers were fine, and the toes to bar felt great.  I was just thinking this morning that I hadn't done this in awhile, and then I looked on my programming and there they were! Andy is so smart.

Back Squat
20 x 180

REPS: 20!!
NOTES: I FINALLY got my 20 reps at 180.  Thank goodness.  One of the coaches at CFBN told me how to breathe through the reps and take my time.  I think that really helped a lot. Before, I was banging out like 10 reps, and then I would get really out of breath and couldn't get my heart rate back down.  Once again, I felt these lifts more in my back and not my legs. This is definitely a mental game.

Push Press
Find 5RM

5 x 125
5 x 135
5 x 145 (fail - 4 reps)

NOTES: These felt pretty strong.  I think I need to work on keeping my chest and my elbows up in my dip.  I just couldn't lock out that last rep at 145. My 3RM is 150 and my 1RM is 160.  I have no idea what percentages I should be hitting for each of these reps. 

JT
21-15-9
HSPU
Ring Dip
Push Up

TIME: 7:31
NOTES: I severely underestimated how back JT would burn my shoulders/triceps! I'm pretty proficient in both HSPU and Ring Dips, and I was struggling hard on the round of 15.  Also, I assumed that the push ups would be a nice easy rest...WRONG. I could barely string 3 push ups together at the end.  It was pretty pathetic.  But, that's all this WOD is about.  Testing your shoulders and arms.  I just really wasn't except to hurt that bad after only about a minute in. I did all my 21 HSPU unbroken.  Broke my ring dips into sets of 5.  And, who knows what I did on my push ups.  The rest of the time I did either sets of 5 or 3 on every movement. I'm not proud of it, but I think I actually did a 'set' of 1 during my push ups.  Embarrassing!

4 x 20 Hollow Rocks



Today I dropped in at CrossFit Bloomington-Normal.  I met some great coaches and some great people.  They have a really nice set up with essentially three different gym spaces: CrossFit room, Olympic lifting room, and an 'athlete training center'.

I was very impressed with their weight training focus. 

They have a Oly Lifting Club and a Power Lifting Club that are run by very knowledgeable coaches.  I think I'm going to drop in on a few of their Oly classes in the up coming weeks.  I would love the opportunity to work one-on-one with a lifting coach. 

It's always exciting to get a new perspective on training, see a new gym, and workout with a new group of people.

I will definitely be back.

I'm lucky that Bloomington has three great CrossFit gyms.  They all



Cheers to official transcripts!






No comments:

Post a Comment