Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Eva

3pm @ FitBodies

3 Rounds Not For Time:
50 DU
5 Man Makers (With DB in each hand, 1 push up, 1 row for each hand, squat clean, and press) (25)

NOTES: This was my first encounter with Man Makers. They were kinda not fun. I was supposed to do 10, but I was not feeling it. I was feeling pretty exhausted from yesterday's long complex.

Snatch
15 mins to find 1RM on plates

1 x 85
1 x 115
1 x 125
1 x 135 (fail, fail, fail)

NOTES: I couldn't figure out why I kept missing 135#. I was catching it over my head, but I just couldn't stick it and stand it up. Andy couldn't figure out what was going on. We both came to the conclusion that I was just fatigued and today wasn't a day to find a 1RM.

Back Squat
20 x 175 (repeat from Monday)

NOTES: Thank goodness! I missed this on Monday (with only 16 reps). I felt a lot more stable and focused today. I also remembered to put on my belt and kept calm. It wasn't too horrible.

"Eva"
5 Rounds:
800m Run
30 KB Swings (53)
30 Pull Ups

TIME: 46:05
NOTES: This was an epic WOD. But, it was actually a lot easier than I though it would be. All my rounds were between 8:30-10:00. Thanks to poor planning on our part and the evil ways of Mother Nature, the last 200m of our 800m course was uphill and into the wind. Woo-hoo! I did all my KB swings in sets of 10 and my Pull ups in sets of 5. I tried to rest less than 10sec whenever I rested. I don't think I would do anything different. I can totally tell that my motor is a lot stronger. I was able to kept on pace the entire 46 minutes. I never hit that red line, and I was able to control my breathing the whole time. It would have been interesting to chase someone in this WOD.


Remember to take a peak at my YouTube channel: blondebarbellvideos



Cheers to 2 1/2 miles!




No comments:

Post a Comment