Monday, July 1, 2013

C&J on Plates

5:30pm @ FitBodies

3 Rounds Not for Time
50 DU
10 Bottoms up KB Press (18)
10 T2B

NOTES: The bottoms up KB Presses are no joke! They blast my forearms, which made the transition to T2B harder than it should be. I love trying out new movements.

Squat Clean and Jerk
15 min to build to max squat clean & jerk off plates.
Do this standing on plates (metal 45s flipped upside down) with toes handing off so you can't put weight into your toes.

1 x 65
1 x 95
1 x 115
1 x 135
1 x 145
1 x 155
1 x 165
1 x 175 (fail, fail, fail - stuck in bottom of squat)

   

NOTES: I was terrified to try this, but after being assured by Andy that I would not break my legs, I really got into it. I think this is one of the most helpful drills I've ever done to try and correct my awful Oly form. I have a horrible habit jumping forward/going to my toes way too quick when I lift. So, when you stand half way on a plate, you physically can't do this. The first couple were a little weird and awkward, but by the time I got up to 145 I had already learned how to transfer my weight back onto my heels.  It was really helpful being able to actually see the weight shift to my toes when I would miss a rep. I'm interested to see how this works out on my snatches tomorrow.

Back Squat
20 x 160

NOTES: This actually felt better than the 155 on Saturday - probably because I had a full nights sleep and did a proper WU.  I still need to work on breathing.

Death by Ball Slams
1 Power Clean (80% of max clean) (160)
1 Ball Slam (30)
1 Power Clean
2 Ball Slams
...
EMOM complete 1 PC and 1 ball slam.  Each minute increase the number of ball slams by 1 rep. Continue until you can't complete the amount of prescribed ball slams.

ROUNDS: 15
NOTES: This was an interesting WOD. It took a really long time for this to get hard. We actually had to end up cutting ourselves off at 15 rounds because the gym was closing and we were getting kicked out. We finished up our 15 ball slams with still about 15 seconds left in the minute. I don't know what this WOD was supposed to do, but I don't think it did it for me. It felt really long for not much gain. Was this designed to be really long? Should we have taken shorter rest? Heavier clean?  I walked away really confused from this WOD.




Cheers to creatine!


No comments:

Post a Comment