Friday, July 26, 2013

Olympic Lifting Class

5:30 @ CFBN

For the first time in about a year, my entire workout consisted of a single movement. The snatch. No WOD.  No crossfit.

CrossFit Bloomington Normal boasts an excellent Oly coach, Brian Lahr. Brian has over 25 years of Oly training, he's studied under two Olympic qualifiers, and he trained at the Olympic Training Center.  What more could you ask for?

Every Thursday and Saturday, for an hour and a half, Brian teaches an Oly class.  Tonight we focused on the snatch.  Seeing that this was my first class, he had me start with the very basics.  We focused on finding my 'power position', and I did my majority of work from there.

I focused on starting with the weight in my heels in the power position, pushing my hips/butt back as I slid the bar down to my knees, keeping my shoulders and lats engaged, bringing the bar back up to the power position SLOWLY, shifting weight to the balls of my feet, shrugging my shoulders, popping my hips, and pulling with high elbows.

Simple, right?

Here is a sampling of what my night looked like.





I would be lying if I didn't tell you that I was beyond excited for this class. The anticipation was killing me! Can you say, Christmas in July!?




Cheers to late night drive through!




No comments:

Post a Comment