Monday, July 22, 2013

Oly Training

5:30 at CrossFit Bloomington Normal

3 Rounds Not for Time:
10 Bottoms Up KB (18)
10 GHD Sit ups
10-15 Hip Extensions

NOTES: I think I should try and go up in weight in the bottoms up kb presses next week. 

Snatch
5 x 3 @ 75%

2 x 75
2 x 99
3 x 110
3 x 110
3 x 110
3 x 110
3 x 110



NOTES: I used an Olympic bar, on an Olympic platform, with Olympic weights. I felt very official, and a little intimidated. First, it was a struggle to convert the kilos to pounds (typical American).  Second, I knew the Oly coach and the head coach were staring me down, just waiting to see what they had to work with.  I actually felt really confident under this weight today.  I stuck all the 110s with no problems.  I'm extremely excited to start working with Brian this Thursday! He has already given me great attention and advice on grip and set up. This is exactly what I needed.  No pressure of maxing.  Just focusing on good form and getting in a lot of good, quality reps.

Jerk
5 x 3 @ 75%

3 x 150 push jerk
3 x 150 push jerk
3 x 150 push jerk
3 x 150 split jerk
3 x 150 split jerk



NOTES: Brian really stepped in once I changed to split jerk.  He noticed on my first rep that my back leg is too straight, which is causing my hips/shoulders to tilt forward (ultimately propelling the bar forward). He also instructed me to NEVER use a hook grip in my jerk.  He showed me how the bar is supposed to rest high on your chest with a loose, finger tip grip.  Just like Andy always tells me, Brian also noted my forward lean in my dip.  Brian also suggests widening my grip on both my clean and jerk in order avoid wasted movement.  Because my hands were so close, you shoulders were having to rotate out.  He told me to think of the bar as a giant band that you are trying to pull apart (this is applicable to C&J, snatch, and OH squat).  My brain was overflowing my knowledge today.  I LOVED it.

Back Squat
20 x 185

REPS: 15
NOTES: My goal was to get to 15, so once I got there I just dropped the bar.  I wasn't mentally prepared to get 20, and my back was a little tweaked from the GHD.  The first 10 felt amazing.  I tried to set my core and keep my breathing under control.  I was also bouncing out of the bottom, which I haven't been doing. Surprisingly, I'm not upset that I didn't hit 20 because I know that I had 15 solid reps.

Snatch Deadlift
5 x 3 @ 100% Snatch

3 x 125
3 x 155
4 x 155
4 x 155

NOTES: I didn't really know what this movement was. Brian demonstrated it and told me to start with my knees over the bar, shift my knees/hips back, then return to a solid power position.  I think I was doing these right.  Dead lifts always rip my thumbs apart when I don't tape them. 

WOD
20 AMRAP
5 HSPU
7 Chest to Bar PU
10 DB Snatches (alternate arms) (30)

ROUNDS: 13 +5
NOTES: This WOD made me sweat so bad.  It was constant movement with little rest.  I did all my HSPU UB, either strict or with a little baby kip.  I did the first couple rounds of C2B butterfly, then gave that up when my butterfly got crazy.  I settled in doing sets of 4/3.  I ripped through all the DB snatches.  30 feels like nothing compared to the 50!  I would take about 5-8 seconds to left my breathing get back under control before I started the HSPU again.  Nothing got too fatigued.  It was just hard for me to hand on to the bar because I was dripping in sweat. Gross. I just calculated that I did 91 chest to bar pull ups.  I must be getting better at these, or it's a lot easier to do them in small sets of 7.  I think the answer to that inquiry is: both.




Cheers to liter sale!












No comments:

Post a Comment