Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Mary

11am @ FitBodies

2 Rounds Not for Time:
4 Strict Deficit HSPU
10 GHD Sit-Ups
15 Hip Extensions

NOTES: I've never done a strict deficit HSPU before today.  Those are no joke.  I was doing them in sets of 2 and 1. I cut it down to 3 rounds because I had so much other stuff to do today.  Plus, the gym was about 1,000 degrees, so it was easy to get my muscles warm.


*P.S. Go watch my videos at blondebarbellvideos!

Snatch
15min to build to max power snatch
1 x 85
1 x 115
1 x 125
1 x 135
1 x 140 (fail x 5)

NOTES: Again, there was a continuous stream of frustration flowing through my sweaty body.  I've talked this over with Andy, and I think I'm going to start doing sets at lower percentages instead of focusing on weight.  I clearly have issues with my form.  My pull is crap.  I let the bar float about 24" away from my body.  I'm still jumping forward.  And the list goes on. I have a lot to say about this issue, but I've been on the computer all day doing research and the last thing I want to do is type about something that makes my blood boil :)  I promise I actually am a happy person.

Back Squat
20 x 180

REPS: 14
NOTES: As soon as I stood up with the weight I knew I wasn't going to get it.  It felt really heavy and my head wasn't in it.  Also, I don't usually feel the pain or fatigue in my legs. I feel it in my lower back, and I find it extremely hard to breathe because of the combination of the heavy (180 pounds!) weight on my back and my super, tiny, tight lifting belt.  This is the second time I've missed this weight.  I'm going to try it again on Saturday and get it!! (positive thoughts...positive thoughts...)

Good Mornings
5 x 85
5 x 105
5 x 115
5 x 125
5 x 135

NOTES: This was the first time I've really gone heavy on these.  I think I was doing them right.

Bench Press
Find 1RM bench


1 x 85
1 x 105
1 x 115
1 x 125
1 x 135
1 x 145
1 x 150 (fail)

NOTES: The last time I maxed on bench was in January and I could barely get 125.  Today I threw up 125 like it was the baby kettle bell. 135 also felt really light.  145 had a little struggle, and then I just couldn't lock out on 150.  I was very surprised/impressed with this 1RM considering I haven't benched since January.  It's crazy how a lift can improve by 20# without doing it at all.

"Mary"
20 AMRAP
5 HSPU
10 Pistols
15 Pull Ups

ROUNDS: 13
NOTES: I really wanted to get 12 rounds (because no one at RNCF has gotten that before), and I got 13! I was really proud of myself in this WOD.  I did all my HSPU strict and unbroken.  I pretty much did all my pistols unbroken, except for when I would kind of fall out of it and have to regain my balance.  As soon as I dropped from my HSPU I make a quick pivot and did pistols, which was right under the pull-up bar.  A wise man once told me to always WOD smart. I did all my PUs in sets of 5 with a 5 second break.  I think I only had to break down the last set of 5 in each round for the last couple.  I was constantly moving the entire time.  It's crazy how fast 20min flies by.  And, if you're curious. Completing 12 rounds means that I did 60 HSPU, 120 Pistols, and 180 Pull Ups.  Pretty epic.

Shoulder Mobilization/Stabilization



Cheers to Avantis bread!













No comments:

Post a Comment