Saturday, July 6, 2013

Twinkies

8am at FitBodies

WU:
DU
HS Walking
Sots Press

NOTES: I didn't have any set number of reps or rounds, I just messed around with each movement.

Snatch
1RM snatch on plates
1 x 75
1 x 105
1 x120
1 x 130 (fail, fail, make)
1 x 135 (f, f, f, f, f)

NOTES: I got pretty frustrated with 135. I couldn't figure out why I was missing it. I think it was a combination of bringing the bar too far away from my body and not catching it above my head (I was catching it a little forward...because I'm chasing after the bar).  I was pretty excited that I got 130, though.

Back Squat
20 x 170

NOTES: I went pretty consistent through all 20 reps. The last three were pretty hard, but tolerable.  I felt warmed up this time, so it wasn't as bad.

Rest 10 minutes...

15 AMRAP
3 DL (95)
3 Hang Cleans (95)
3 Jerks (95)

ROUNDS: 27
NOTES: I thought that this was a pretty good WOD, I was doing about one round each 30 seconds. When I reported back to Andy he said I probably should have gone a little heavier, which is awesome.  I can tell that, finally, both my strength and my endurance are improving. It felt good. I never really got fatigued.  I was just really sweaty and I had to keep chalking up my hands so the bar didn't go flying.

Sled Pulls

6 x Sled + 100# down the turf

NOTES: Jenna and I did this in super sonic speed! We only had about 10min before the gym was going to close.  We also had to use our enginerring skills to come up with a substitute for a harness, since neither of us has one.  So, we just grabbed two thick bands, wrapped them around the base of the prowler, threw our weights on top, grabbed a band in each hand, and pulled the prowler like a farm animal. ha. It actually worked out really well! I LOVE that FitBodies has this awesome turf to work on!




 Also, you can tell that Jenna and I have been spending a lot of time together. We showed up to the gym this morning in the exact same outfit :) Purple tops, black spandex, purple shoes, and of course, a stylish braid!




Cheers to bunheads!






No comments:

Post a Comment