Thursday, August 22, 2013

SWEAT ON STATE

5:00pm @ Sweat on State


Warm Up
3 Rounds
30 second Plank
30 second high knees
30 seconds of pull ups
30 second butt kick

NOTES: This was a lot different than my typical "skills" warm up. It was very fast and to the point. It got my muscles warmed up and my heart beating a little bit faster.

WOD
1500m Row
5 Rounds
5 Burpee Ball Hops (Do a burpee and then jump over the med ball)
20 Med ball twists (20# ball)
1000m Row
5 Rounds
5 Burpee Ball Hops
20 Med ball twists
500m Row

TIME: 21:5?
NOTES: The gym lived up to its name - I definitely got in a good SWEAT! I tried to go pretty hard on the row. I was able to keep my rower between 2:00-2:05 for the 1500. The 1000m was the hardest. It felt like I was on the rower forever. I was trying to keep it below 2:10, but it crept up to about 2:18 at one point. I was able to keep the rower a little above 2:00 on the 500. I was proud of my focus on my rowing form. I'm not going to say that it was perfect by any means, but it's definitely improving. (It helped that Sweat has a wall of mirrors right in front of their rowers). The burpess ball hops were easy. The med ball twists were extremely hard. I was surprised that I had to break these into sets of 10. The ball kept slipping out of my hands and it was burning my forearms. Overall, great workout.


I highly recommend everyone checking out Sweat on State (1165 N. State St., Chicago)! Katie and Liu are both amazing trainers with great knowledge about fitness and healthy bodies. If you want to get in a great workout with a great group of people, you know where to go.

Thanks for letting me drop in and get my SWEAT on, Katie! I will for sure be back!



Cheers to brand new tweezers!




No comments:

Post a Comment