Monday, August 5, 2013

Endorphins Make You Happy :)

5:30 @ CrossFit Bloomington Normal

2 Rounds Not for Time:
10 Bottoms Up KB Press (18/18/4 x 26#)
10 C2B Pull Ups
10 BB Squat Jumps

NOTES: I was supposed to do 3 rounds, but cut it down to 2 because I felt warmed up and too excited to wait any longer. I tried doing to bottoms up with the 26# KB for the first time. It was hard, but I was impressed that I could do it. I could barely press the 18# in the beginning of the summer. I chose not to do BF pullups because those kind of aggrevate my back.

Squat Clean
3 x 3 @ 75% (150)
2 x 2 @ 80% (160)



NOTES: I would be lying if I didn't say I was extremely nervous to lift the bar off the ground. I started at a very conservative 65# (ha!), just to be sure that my back wouldn't freak out on me. All my reps felt great. In a weird way, this injury might have been a blessing in disguise. I've been paying a lot more attention to my posture and my form. I'm a lot more aware of my midline.



Jerk
Jerk behind the neck off the blocks - hold split 3 seconds
3 x 3 @ 75% (150)
2 x 2 @ 80% (160)

NOTES: These felt really light...because they were. I was very stable in my split. It was easy to hold for the three seconds.

Back Squat
5 x 2 @ 70% (180)

NOTES: I was able to drop and bounce out of the bottom, which helped me engage my glutes. I felt the most comfortable I have in a long time in these squats.

Snatch Deadlift
3 x 5 @ 125

NOTES: I went lighter on these than Andy prescribed because I didn't want to tweak anything. I tried my best to keep these in perfect form.

15 AMRAP
2 DL (125)
2 Hang Clean (125)
2 Jeks

ROUNDS: 30
TIME: My plan was to get a round in every 30 seconds, which would get me to 30 rounds. I feel off pace a little bit, but got back on at the end. The 30 seconds allowed me to get about 10-15 seconds of rest each round. I did all the rounds unbroken. The hardest part were the jerks. After about 4-5 rounds I switched from push jerks to split jerks. My shoulders were burning pretty bad by the end.

As much as taking all that time off was awful, I think it paid off. I felt fresh and my back felt great. It put me in a great mood. I can't wait to go back tomorrow!




Cheers to WWE Monday Night Raw!



No comments:

Post a Comment