Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Strict Pull-Ups

Tuesday, August 20

6pm @ RNCF

3 Rounds Not for Time:
10 T2B
10 GHD

NOTES: The GHDs felt pretty good today. The T2B feel great.

WOD
12 EMOM 5 Strict Pull-Ups

Round 1 - 5
Round 2 - 5
Round 3 - 5
Round 4 - 5
Round 5 - 5
Round 6 - 5
Round 7 - 5
Round 8 - 5
Round 9 - 4 + 1
Round 10 - 3 + 1 + 1
Round 11 - 3 + 1 + 1
Round 12 - 3 + 1 + 1

NOTES: I haven't done strict pull ups for awhile. I was actually pleased that I could do that many UB before I had to go to sets of 1. It's the most uncomfortable feeling to do things strict because you know if you just kip a little bit it will be so much easier. But, I'm glad that I'm doing all these things strict. I think it's good to go back to the basics.

Planking
6 Minutes of continuous planking
3 x 1 Minute forward plank + 30 sec right side plank + 30 sec left side plank

NOTES: I thought that doing all these as separate movements would be a waste of time - so I just strung them all together and got in a solid 6minutes of ab work. It really wasn't that bad. My shoulders were the only thing burning at the end.



Cheers to couch pillows!



No comments:

Post a Comment