Sunday, August 11, 2013

Battle For The Hill CrossFit Competition

ALL DAY @ Illinois State Fair

Jenna, Krystyna, and I placed SECOND at the Battle for the Hill comp! It was a great day of sweat, gaming, and beastmoding.



WOD 1: Team 'DT'
3 Hill Sprints (one each)
120 Deadlifts (105)
3 Hill Sprints (one each)
90 Hang Power Cleans (105)
3 Hill Sprints (one each)
60 Shoulder-to-Overhead (105)

TIME:10:59
PLACE:4
NOTES: This was an interesting event. We realized that all three of us have communication issues. We lost all of our time in transitions in the barbell movements. We were rockstars on the hill sprints. We did sets of 30 deads. We did sets of 10ish on the hang cleans. And we did about 5-10 on the shoulder to overhead. We just needed to be a little quicker on the movements and a lot faster on the transitions. Good, solid start.


WOD 2:
12min Cap
Complete the following:
45 KB Swings (44#) (15 each)
45 Box Jumps (24") (15 each)
36 KB Swings- (12 each)
36 Box Jumps - (12 each)
27 KB Swings - (9 each)
27 Box Jumps - (9 each)
With remaining time, max burpess onto plate. Only one person works at a time.
Score is total number of burpees.

REPS: 156
PLACE: 2
NOTES: I felt great on the box jumps and KB swings. I did all 'elevator' swings, which made them speedy fast, and rebounded on all my box jumps. I think we had about 6ish minutes to do burpees onto a plate. I did sets of 10, Krystyna did sets of 5, and Jenna did 6-10ish. I don't think we could have gone any faster. I thought we had a good strategy. The only bad thing about this WOD was doing burpees on concrete. My knees now sport two beautiful scabs. Very lady-like.


FINAL

Part A:

Max Snatch
10min to find max snatch. Each person has 3 attempts at each weight. You can not reduce the weight.

TOTAL:374#
PLACE:3
NOTES: Krystyna got 113#. Her pelvis was bruised and it was bothering her. Jenna got 123#. And I got 138#. I was really pleased with 138#, considering that this was our 3rd WOD of the day and we were lifting in the scorching sun on hot pavement. I haven't put up more than 130# for awhile. I don't think I missed a rep or had to squat until I hit 138. (103, 113, 123, 133, 138).

Part B:Triple Fran

63-45-27
Thrusters (65)
Pull Ups

TIME:8:00
PLACE:2
NOTES:I was able to band out a lot of our team's thrusters. I did over 35 in the first round. Jenna's butterfly pullups were super helpful. I was really happy that my butterflies held up for so long. I was also impressed that I was able to keep pretty big sets of kipping. I thought we worked really well as a team in this event. We were communicating really well and everyone knew where to be and what to do. Jenna's elbow started bothering her a little bit, but Krystyna and I were able to keep things on track.

I need to give a HUGE shoutout to Chad, who spent his day coaching, strategizing, and gaming for/with us. Thanks for everything!



In addition to our fabulous performances, Roxy, Stephanie, and Melanie got FIRST place in the scaled women's division! They did amazing, and I'm so glad that I got to support them :)


And of course, since we were at the Illinois State Fair, we had to go visit the baby piggies! These little guys were only an hour old!



Cheers to tanlines!



No comments:

Post a Comment