Thursday, August 8, 2013

Legless Rope Climbs and Push Pressing

4:30 @ CFBN

3 Rounds Not for Time
10 DB Snatches (5 each arm) (45,50,50)
10 T2B
2 Rope Climbs (one with legs, one without)

NOTES: The DB snatches felt great. The toes to bar hurt a little bit more than usual because of Annie yesterday. The legless rope climbs were...interesting.


I got half way up the rope the first attempt. It was A LOT harder than I expected. I didn't realize that you literally have to go hand over hand on the rope. It takes a lot longer than a 'normal' rope climb and it rips up your hands. It's also kind of crazy to get down. The furthest I got up the 15' rope was about 3/4 of the way. If I HAD to get up to the top, I probably could. But, to be honest, it was pretty scary and it kind of freaked me out. Even though it's spooky, it's always fun to try a new skill. I will definitely be trying these again. Soon.

Power Clean + Push Press
3 x 2 + 1 (75% of PP) (120)
2 x 2 + 1 (80% of PP) (130)



NOTES: These felt pretty good. Brian reminded me to keep my weight in my heels and to remember to 'stomp'. Sometimes when the weight is so light, I let my form slip. He, like every coach I've ever had, told me to ALWAYS practice perfect form. If I can't do it right at a light weight, why would I ever think that I could do it right when it gets heavy.

Snatch Push Press + Snatch Balance
3 x 3 + 1 (70% of snatch) (100)
2 x 3 + 1 (80% of snatch) (115)



NOTES: I have never done a snatch balance heavier than 45# before today. I wasn't able to do the 115# snatch balances. I dropped both of them. But, considering this was my first time playing with this movement, I was pleased. For whatever reason, I LOVE snatch push presses.

WOD
6 AMRAP
4 KB Snatch (44#) (2 each arm)
8 OH Squat (95)

Rest 4 minutes

Mile Run

ROUNDS: 5 Rounds + 7:57 mile
NOTES: Andy prescribed 53# KB snatches. I did one on each arm and made the executive decision to scale. It kind of popped my right shoulder and then screwed with my left elbow. It wasn't anything that actually hurt me, but I didn't think it was worth it to do it in the WOD. But, once I started going and got more familiar with the movement (I usually don't do KB snatches), 44# felt really light. I did all my OH squats UB. I probably could have transitioned a little faster or picked up the bar a little faster, but I knew once I picked up the bar I was NOT going to set it down. They got pretty heavy. I was pretty disappointed in only getting 5 rounds. But, when I texted Andy he informed me that most of the guys got 5 rounds at RNCF. That made me feel a little bit more confident. The run was a run. My shins tightened up super bad and my shoe came untied.


Competition Strategizing

I'm doing a team comp this Saturday with Jenna and Christina (a girl from CFBN). There are only two guaranteed WODs, which they have released. There aren't any crazy skills or heavy weights. We spent a little time throwing the weight around and practicing transitions. It should be a really fun comp. I'm excited to go throw down!


Cheers to HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!



No comments:

Post a Comment