Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Got My Legs Back!

Monday, August 26, 2013

7:30AM @ RNCF

3 Rounds Not for Time
10 Bottom Up KB (#18, 5 x #26)
10 T2B
10 KB Swings (44, 53, 62)

NOTES: I'm happy that I feel a lot more comfortable with heavy swings. I remember how terrified I used to be of the 53# KB. I used to be a wimp! ha.

Snatch
20min to find Max snatch
2 x 65 (power)
1 x 85 (power)
1 x 100 (power)
1 x 110 (squat)
1 x 120 (squat) fail, make
1 x 125 (squat) fail, make
1 x 130 (squat) fail, fail, fail, make...thank goodness



NOTES: I would have flipped out if I didn't get the 130. I wasn't going to stop until I made it. I kept missing the first rep because the bar was so far in front of me. But, I was able to control my jump a little bit better. It's just really frustrating working by myself. How am I supposed to get better if I never have any eyes on me?

Back Squat
1RM in 4-5 reps
1 x 125
1 x 175
1 x 225
1 x 235 (fail)

NOTES: Considering that I haven't squatted heavy in ages and I took an entire week off from all legs, I was pretty excited that I was able to get up 225#. I should've gotten 235, but I stalled really long at the bottom. I also dropped all that weight on my low back/tailbone because I didn't get out of the way fast enough at the bottom. Or, as Andy so professionally explained, I didn't thrust my hips hard enough or fast enough forward. My hips don't lie.

Push Press
1RM push press in 4-5 reps
1 x 85
1 x 135
1 x 150
1 x 162 fail, fail, make (PR!...)

NOTES: I'm not a fan of push press. Why wouldn't you just use your legs? It doesn't seem very functional to me. Anyways...I got a 2# PR. A PR is a PR, right? I don't work a lot on strict presses. I probably should. With a 200# jerk, I think my push press should be higher.

WOD
5 Rounds
1 Frog Complex (95)(5 x squat clean thruster to back thruster)
10 Pull-Ups
200m Run

TIME: 14:20 (slow)
NOTES: This was awful to do alone. I knew I needed to rest a little bit before I got on the bar, since the whole thing has to be unbroken. 95# got kind of heavy, but breathing was more of an issue than the weight. I also spent a considerable amount of energy to make sure that all of my pull-ups were UB. I have an issue of dropping off the pull-up bar at 5 reps. I'm trying to train myself to keep on the bar for at least sets of 10. I needed someone to push me to the bar.


It was definitely a different world at RNCF this morning. The AM crew and the PM crew are polar opposites. It will be an adjustment.


On the law school side of things, it's baaaaaack! Loyola Law School has welcomed me back with a full load of courses and all the extra-cirriculars you could ever want.



I will not be in the gym on Tuesdays because I have 10 hours of class. Ten. Hours. That's a lot of learning, folks.




Cheers to prepositions!











No comments:

Post a Comment