Monday, August 19, 2013

Death by Strict HSPUs

7:00pm @ RNCF

Unfortunately my quad has been bothering me. I think I tweaked it a couple weeks ago doing some heavy squats. In order to let it heal, I'm completely cutting out lower body this week. I know I can't just go "light" on the legs. That never works. I always end up going heavy. In order to avoid that, I'm devoting this week to getting jacked shoulder and huge biceps :)

3 Rounds Not for Time:
50ft HS Walk
15 Hip Extensions

NOTES: It's always interesting to do HS walks at RNCF when there are a ton of people there. I tried to make it work. I was able to go pretty much UB each time - with only a few obstacles.

Strict Press
Find 1RM
1 x 65
1 x 85
1 x 95
1 x 105
1 x 110 PR!
1 x 115 PR!!

NOTES: My previous PR was 105, which I think was done in December sometime. I literally never do these. I feel so awkward not using my legs - because you know if you just bend your knees the weight will just fly up. I'm as excited as you can be for a strict press PR. ha

Death by Strict HSPU
Every 2min for 20min, Max strict HSPU
Round 1 - 21
Round 2 - 15
Round 3 - 10
Round 4 - 10
Round 5 - 10
Round 6 - 10
Round 7 - 10
Round 8 - 10
Round 9 - 10
Round 10 - 10


TOTAL: 116
NOTES: This was significantly harder than I anticipated. I also fell off super quick. The first set felt awesome! The second set felt pretty hard, and then the rest of the sets were struggles. This was the first time in a long time that I've isolated one body part for an entire workout. By the end of the 'workout' I wasn't breathing hard and I wasn't sweaty, but - no joke - my shoulders blew up and I looked like a linebacker. It was a really strange feeling. It felt like my traps were touching my ears...that might be a little bit exaggerated.

Shoulder Mobility




Cheers to 'Tell me a little bit about yourself'!

P.S. I have my first 'professional' interview tomorrow with a big Chicago firm. Fingers crossed!!





No comments:

Post a Comment