Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Benching and OH "Running" Failure

6pm @ RNCF

3 Rounds Not for Time
10 Ab Rolls (bar with 5's on each side - start on knees and roll bar till nose touches floor)
10 Ring Dips

NOTES: The ab rolls were fun, but not that challenging. I used to do these a ton when I was in the 'globo gym' setting - so it's weird to bring them back. The ring dips were good. I was able to go UB on all of them pretty easy.

Bench
3 x 80% (115), 2 x 85% (125), 1 x 90% (130)
3 x 85% (125), 2 x 90% (130), 1 x 95% (140)
3 x 90% (130), 2 x 95% (140)

NOTES: I don't mind benching, but I hate waiting for people to spot me. I feel like I'm wasting my time and their time. Andy is the best spotter...I was happy that I got two good reps at 140 in today. Hopefully all this benching is paying off.

WOD
10 AMRAP
100m OH "run" (45# plate)
10 T2B



ROUNDS: 5 + run
NOTES: I consider this an epic fail. The whole point of the OH run was to tax my shoulders, but it ended up murdering my forearms instead. Since I have little, baby hands, I couldn't reach my hands around the plate when I was carrying it. Because of this, all of the bouncing weight was balanced on my two thumbs. It was extremely uncomfortable and my forearms blew up like crazy. The T2B were fine, but it was hard to grip the pull up bar. If I had to do this again, I would sacrifice the weight (move down to a 25#) in order to engage the right muscle groups.

Shoulder Mobility



Cheers to Allie back in Chicago!



No comments:

Post a Comment